Disturbed Sleep

Disturbed Sleep 

Chapter 17!

April 1996 - The Ministry, Los  Angeles

The rattling of the door handle caused Albany to stir in her sleep, her hand curling around the edge of her blanket she pulled it over her shoulder. Groaning with frustration she tried to ignore the rattling sounds, but the rattling of the door handle continued. Her eyes slowly opening she began to wake up, her room was still dark. She lay motionless in her bed while she listened to the noises outside of her room, it sounded like someone was trying to unlock her door. Her hand reaching for her lamp on her bedside cabinet she switched it on, the light pierced through the darkness of her room. Sitting up in her bed she sleepily looked around her room, her gaze soon focused on her alarm clock. It was 3am, it was too early for visitors at this hour. 

Albany's attention was drawn to the door, she could now see the handle moving up and down, the two bolts on the door were denying access to whoever was in the hallway. Her thoughts immediately went back to the conversation she had with her Brother over two weeks ago, something sinister roamed the Ministry hallways after midnight. There had been no missing Sister's of Sin for over a month now, but she was still unsure about this little story floating around the unholy church. Her thoughts were interrupted by the rattling sounds, she was getting curious about the unexpected disturbance. Pulling her blankets back she swung her legs over the side of the bed, getting to her feet she approached the door. Stopping in front of the door she watched the handle moving, her fingers curling around it she allowed the movement to continue. Her free hand resting against the door she peered through the spy hole, her voice broke the silence of the room.

" Hello, who's there?" She asked.

The door handle eased, the rattling ceased. She could see the outline of someone dressed in black lingering outside of her room, but she couldn't see their face. They soon disappeared from her sights, all she could see now was the hallway. Her hand slipping away from the handle it returned to it's normal position, she heard the sound of footsteps walking away from her room. She rested her ear against the door, the hallway was silent. But the silence was soon distributed by a crashing sound, there was hurried footsteps and a loud thud. A blood curdling scream echoed along the hallway, then silence returned. Albany immediately back away from the door, covering up her mouth she listened to woman sobbing not far away from her room. The woman's voice sounded fearful and weak, she could hear her pleas for help.

" Help me, please stop!"

Albany's breathing faltered, her gaze remained on the door. Frozen to the spot with fear all she could do was listen to the woman's pleas from the hallway, she dared not intervene. The woman's voice was soon faded away, a dragging sound could be heard from the hallway. The swinging double doors at the end of the hallway creaked, silence soon returned again. The sounds of unlocking doors filled the hallway, there was raised voices and someone screamed. The ringing of the telephone in her room made Albany jump, she immediately went to answer it. Her hands fumbling she finally managed to hold the headset against her ear, she stumbled over her own words before she found her voice.

" Hello..." She said.

" Albany, are you awake?!"

" Terzo?" She asked.

" Yes, is your door still bolted?!"

" Yes, it's double bolted... " She replied while her gaze returned to the door. " What's going on?!" 

" Stay in your room, I will be right down!"

" Terzo, wait a second..." She said.