Goodbye Ministry

Goodbye Ministry

Chapter 14!

March 1996

Two years had passed by quickly at the Ministry, it was Albany's turn to leave the unholy church. It had been arranged like her Father had promised her when she was nineteen, he had kept his promise this time. She had completed her clerk training, but she was going to miss the co-workers she had befriend on level three. There was a clerk position waiting for her at the Los Angeles Ministry, she would be living in the dorms located within the building. Her Brother Terzo was staying there too. He was the head of financial department, her Father had insisted that she would be working along side her Brother. Albany was fine with her Father's decision, she would rather be working with Terzo than her other siblings.

Folding up the last of her clothes Albany placed them into her suitcase, she didn't have much room left. She had to leave most of her belongings behind at the Italian Ministry, she couldn't take everything with her. She locked her suitcase and looked around her room, she had many good and bad memories about this place. Her favourite memories were of her Father, he use to read her bedtime stories when she was a child. He would never follow the stories in the books, he use to make the stories up instead. She recalled the times when fairytale battles turned into drunken brawls, she believed most of his stories were in the books until she reread them when she grew up. Her thoughts were disturbed by dark smoke creeping down the wall of her room, a familiar ghoul emerged through the unseen doorway. Her Father's faviourite ghoul had come to say goodbye to her.

" I'm so happy you made it, Phil." She said before she stepped away from her bed. " I thought I wouldn't get the chance to say goodbye to you."

The ghoul's arms outstretched while he approached her, she immediately rushed into his embrace. Albany held onto him tightly, she was going to miss him. He had been like her other parent when her Father wasn't around. He had taught her how cook spaghetti and how to change the sheets on her bed, he even taught her how to fasten her shoelaces. Pulling herself away from him she wiped some tears away from her cheeks, she had promised herself she wouldn't cry until she left the Ministry.

" I'm going to miss you, but I will be back to visit in October." She said.

The ghoul rested his hand on his chest where his heart was located, he pointed at her and then held two of his fingers up her. It was his own way of telling her that he loved her. He had helped raise Albany since she was a baby, he had been the one who found her on the doorstep of the Ministry.

" I love you too." She said.

Albany gave him a smile before she put her coat on and hung her handbag over her shoulder, she then took her suitcase from her bed. She hugged the ghoul once again before she headed towards the door of her room, she had one more person to see yet. Opening her room's door she soon closed it behind her, she was greeted by her Father in the hallway. He had arranged for one if his ghouls to drive her to the airport. Nihil offered her his arm, she cupped arms with him and walked with him down the hallway. They remained silent until they reached the hallway where the entrance of the unholy church was located, her Father soon broke the silence between them.

" Have you packed everything you will need?" He asked.

" I have, Papa." She replied with a nod. " I left some of my clothes behind, I couldn't fit everything into my suitcase. But I will be back in October, I can collect the rest then if needed."

" Good, but if you need anything in the meantime let me know by telephone." He said.

" Thank you, Papa." She said.