Chapter 8

"He signed as her husband in the addmission form. I thought the baby was-"

"Call me when she wakes up,"  Dr. Kruger left the room interjecting her and close the door.

She searched the hallways for her son, but since she couldn't find him, she realised he must have gone home to change.

Or did he go to the wedding reception? That brat!

He is married? Since when? That baby was his? That explains why he was so distressed!

Why didn't he tell me?

Deep in her thoughts, she walked to her room. It scared the life out of her seeing the desolate figure sitting on the floor by her chair. The blood strains on his clothes had dried out making them stiff and he was staring blankly at the wall in front of him. His hair was messy and she noticed his cheeks were red even with the thick beard covering half of his face.

"This is second time you're bringing her all bloodied. And you signed as her husband? Care to explain?"

She asked and there was no answer from him it seems like he didn't even noticed her entering the room.

"Jeremy, it will be okay ." She patted his hair and he reacted a little.

"Mom", he looked up and held her hand. He buried his face in her hand and started to weep. "I screwed up badly".

She is the mother and seeing her all grown son shaking and in tears, her heart sank. She squatted behind him and rubbed his back. She assumed the child was his.

"It might be hard for now, but it will get better. She is still young and you-"

"I killed her baby, mom. I- me...I killed her baby ". He started slapping his cheek and Dr. Kruger gasped  and stood up.

Her baby? Killed? What is he saying?

"What happened?" She stopped him from hitting himself and sat by his side. She knew he is not someone to bring hurt to someone especially this one. Last time he brought that girl to her, he was hurt badly, but he pushed himself and brought her to safety.

Even today, the way he carried her and how desperately he pleaded her to save the baby, she knew he wouldn't have done it.

Or it is guild?

Silently, she sat beside him to let him compose himself. She has seen him doing a lot of things but she has never seen him this broken.

"Doctor, there is a patient in labour," one of the staff knocked the door.

Dr. Kruger took a glance at TJ who seemed a little better and walked out in a larger strides.

The woman who was in labour was already on the verge of giving birth and since it was her second delivery, she gave birth within a half an hour after her arrival to the hospital.

"There are some members of the flying Snakes gang lurking outside. There are lot and they might cause trouble." Daisy who got out for a walk, informed Dr. Kruger after she returned.

"I saw a tiger tattoo on Mr. Falcon's back," Mr. Kruger shrugged. He was stoned and yet he somehow drove his wife safely for childbirth. He must be from their rival gang and they could be here for him.

"Well, listen...... The cops are here. They won't cause trouble anymore." Daisy signed in relief hearing the police sirens. "And Jerlina still seems distributed. I think she'd wake up sooner than we thought."

"Stay with her," Dr. Kruger walked back to her office. She heard loud laughter in the room where Mrs. Falcon was and walked there.

"No shouting! And no drinking either. If you're going to shout, I'm throwing you out! Every One Of You" she pointed her finger at the tall and sturdy men all heavily inked everywhere in there body and some even in their face.