Chapter 4

"Here."

She felt the pen poking her arm and she opened her eyes and got the pen. She avoided looking at his eyes and noticed drops of tears on her hands. Her fingers trembled as an uncontrollable fear washed over her entire body as she looked at the form.

Is this it? Am I going to get married like this? To him?

Another cramp made her hiss and holding her abdomen she signed the paper. She knew she has no other choice for now.

"As expected, you have a nice signature, honey buns." His voice was chirpy as he got the form from her hand and sticking his head in the car, he safely stored the form.

Jerlina tried to walk around the car to get to the passenger seat not willing to listen to his grating voice.

"You sure you want to go to the hospital, honey? I can take you to my sister's after party if you want. Isn't that why you escaped? Since we are married too, we can have a combined reception-"

"Hospital," she felt the cramp getting worse and gripping the hood of the car, she gritted her teeth fighting back her urge to curl up on the ground. She couldn't bear the pain and her hands went cold. Her legs felt numb and she couldn't move.

Please hold on baby...

"You aren't getting on?Should I carry my bride..." she heard him pause.

His leather shoes grinded against the soil as he got close to her and he stopped a couple feet beside her. "Blood...there's.... are you on your periods?"

Only then Jerlina looked at her legs and saw the red sticky fluid, making a streamline towards the ground.

"NO, please," she mumbled and tears formed on her eyes as desolation filled her heart.

"Jerlina! Answer me!" she felt a strong grip in her arms and she was pulled to stand straight.

"Hos-" she couldn't finish her sentence and she started to sob.

"Holy moly! You're pregnant?"

He cried and she could feel his hands holding her arms tremble a bit. "Is it his child? Damn! Damn! It should be his! What am I even asking!"

He screamed and she got scared.

Is he angry? Is he going to leave me here? I know he wouldn't want my child to survive for his sister's sake.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he gripped her arms and she bowed her head.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" He panicked.

"Hospital... You promised," she didn't know what he'd do to her and still wanted to remind him.

"Oh for f*ck's sake!"

logo
avatar
My MCV and Doomsday Book
Novel - Sci-Fi
My MCV and Doomsday
Dark Litchi
Ongoing
690 Chs
CONTENT
RATINGS
N/A
SUPPORT
Synopsis
Doomsday was approaching...
An ancient virus was released upon the world and from then on nothing was the same...
Zombies, mutant wild animals and people with mutant powers...
Jiang Liushi , one day woke up and found the Starseed, in his mind, a Black Technology which could assist him in various ways.
Its most important function? Refitting and upgrading vehicles!
[What? You thought it war a regular rundown minibus? Wrong! It was a Mobile Construction Vehicle (MCV) capable of massacring zombies, and everything that stood in its way, with its awesome weapons!]
Follow Jiang and his MCV on the road to survival.

Forced Marriage: Escaping Her Monster Book
Novel - Contemporary Romance
Forced Marriage: Escaping Her Monster
Golda
Completed · 1.6M Views
400 Chs
CONTENT
4.8
49 RATINGS
NO.200+
SUPPORT
Synopsis
***Completed*** Jerlina struggled hard to get out of the small town filled with gangs not only to improve her life, but also to get away from 'him' - the one she calls 'The Monster'.
No, he really was not a monster... He was 'her monster'.
'He' had devoted his life for his little sister. She had offended him by breaking the friendship with his little sister.
She thought she escaped it all when years passed and she settled in the city. A nice job, a lovely boyfriend, a small home for them... She thought she had what she needed.
She almost forgot about 'him'.
But then he came back in her life for his sister, and took everything away from her. Her boyfriend, her little home, her freedom, and to her dismay he even took the child in her belly.
And he forced her to marry him! Why?