11. 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

Start from the beginning

"All right, you checked the whole hospital right?" the sheriff asked.

"Every last corner."

"Nothing suspicious?"

"Nothing. She just took off."

The sheriff nodded before turning to Tristan. "All right, let's get an APB out on a 16-year-old redhead," he said before turning to Maddie. "Any other descriptors?"

Stiles interrupted before she could reply. "5'3'', green eyes, fair-skinned, and her hair is actually strawberry blonde," he said.

Maddie rolled her eyes and turned to Tristan as Stiles got dragged away by his dad. "Does this have something to do with her bite?" Tristan asked.

"It has too. There's no other reason she'd do this. But we have to find her!" she exclaimed, trying her best to stay strong.

"And we will. I already texted Willow to meet us here. If this is supernatural related we probably have a better chance of finding her than the sheriff" he said.

Maddie nodded and texted Derek to call her while they walked out to Willow's car. "Do you have any idea where she might have gone?" Willow asked.

"I don't know. The woods maybe?" Maddie said and Willow nodded before heading in that direction.

"You need to talk to Derek. We're gonna need his help" Tristan said. "I know. But he's still not answering" Maddie sighed.

"What? What the hell do you mean not answering?! Lydia is missing!" Willow shouted. "I know. I just...can't think about him right now. Lydia is out there naked in the middle of the night. We need to find her."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The three of them had been walking around the woods for over an hour. Finding nothing. "After you were bit. Did you feel the urge to go looking for something?" Tristan asked.

"No. Do you think she's looking for something?" Maddie asked. "Maybe she's looking for whoever bit her?" Willow offered.

"But Peter bit her. And he's dead" she reminded. "She could be looking for the next best thing," Tristan said.

"Yeah, well the next best thing isn't answering the phone right now" Maddie mumbled. She looked back at her two friends who looked like they wanted to say something but didn't.

Like they were hiding something. "What is it?" she asked them. Willow and Tristan looked at each other before looking at Maddie.

"What is what?" Willow asked. "You guys are hiding something and being very obvious about it. Just tell me" she said.

"Finding Lydia is more important. This can wait" Tristan said. "We can talk and walk at the same time. Now tell me!" Maddie said, practically demanding an answer.

Willow sighed and knew Maddie wouldn't let it go. She took her hand out of her pocket and instantly, Maddie could see the diamond ring glistening on her finger.

"Oh my god!"

Maddie quickly pulled Willow into a hug, never happier for her. "I can not believe you're getting married! When did this happen?" she asked.

"Last night. I was going to wait to tell you" Willow said, but Maddie shook her head. "No! No. You guys are my best friends and I'm so happy for you. Once we find Lydia and this is over I swear we'll start wedding planning immediately" she said.

When her phone started ringing she pulled it out hoping it was Derek but groaned seeing Stiles's name.

"I'm kind of busy, Stiles," she said as she answered.