8. 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕,𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆. 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕,𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆

SECRETS

1x09 𖦹𖦹𖦹 WOLF'S BANE

Maddie was in the kitchen when Lydia stormed in, slamming her bag on the table. "What happened to you?" Maddie asked, looking up from her computer.

"Jackson broke up with me!" Lydia shouted. Maddie's eyes shot up and she slammed her laptop closed.

"What? What the hell do you mean he broke up with you?!" she asked. "Over text! Like I meant nothing to him" Lydia said, her voice wavering like she was about to cry.

"Are you kidding me? Where does he live because I swear to God I'll kill him" Maddie said, her voice nearly a growl from how upset she was.

"I think he likes Allison," she said, her voice quiet. Maddie stood up and pulled her sister into a hug.

"He's an idiot. An absolute troll if he thinks he's going to find anyone even remotely better than Lydia Martin. As if you weren't extremely out of his league already" she said.

"I just...I thought he'd be the one. Like you and Derek" Lydia said, wiping a tear off her face.

"Trust me. Derek was the last person I'd thought I'd end up with. If you're anything like me, which you definitely are, your prince charming is gonna be someone so unexpected but so amazing. It'll be worth the wait. I promise" Maddie told her.

Lydia nodded, taking in her sister's words but still obviously upset. "Do you want to watch a movie? I can make some popcorn. Or we always go shopping and completely max out our credit cards" Maddie offered.

Lydia let out a small laugh but shook her head. "I think I just want to be alone," she said.

Maddie nodded. "If you need anything or change your mind about me killing Jackson, you know where I am," she said.

Lydia headed upstairs as Maddie's phone started ringing. "Hello?" she asked, not recognizing the number.

"It's me," Stiles said. "Seriously, how did you get my number?" she asked.

"Again. Not important. I have an idea to track down the alpha. Can you meet me at my place?" he asked. Maddie rolled her head and groaned. She wanted nothing more than to figure out who the alpha was and put this behind her but hanging out with Stiles was not on her to-do list.

"I'll be there in ten."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The last person Maddie was expecting to see at Stiles's house was Derek. But she was happy, nonetheless to see him.

"Hey! Why didn't you tell me you were here?" she asked, wrapping her arms around him. "Tristan told me I probably shouldn't be using my phone," he said, pressing a kiss to her lips.