1. 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔

SECRETS

 1x01 𖦹𖦹𖦹 WOLF MOON

1x01 𖦹𖦹𖦹 WOLF MOON

New York was awful. It was loud. It was crowded. It was dirty. There were rats the size of dogs and pickpocketers at every corner. Everywhere you went people were yelling and screaming at each other. And everyone was rude.

Maddie loved it. She loved the hustle and bustle of the city. She loved the nonstop rush she got every time she stepped out of her apartment. New York was perfect. Columbia was perfect. After four years she graduated at the top of her class with a degree in finance.

Her dad, who was in and out of the picture, gave her a graduate gift of $500,000 which she used to buy a small apartment complex and start her new business. Three years later she was now a very successful real estate developer.

Derek had joined a few years ago. He wasn't keen on the business side of things but he actually liked the contracting side and the physical labor that came with construction. Tristan had moved back to Beacon Hills to be a deputy and joined Willow who was in her last year of law school.

Laura was still living with them in New York, however, she was visiting Beacon Hills more and more these days. It had been seven years since the fire and Laura was determined to prove it was the Argents and get justice. Normally she'd be gone a few weeks but would check in every day.

This time, however, Derek and Maddie hadn't heard from her in a week. Maddie was in her office, working on a zoning proposal from the city when her assistant Donna walked into her office. "I have Derek on line one for you," she said.

Maddie didn't look up from her computer as she responded. "Tell him I'm really busy. I'll call him back when I'm done."

"He says it's really important," Donna said. Maddie sighed as she stopped typing. "Okay. Thank you, Donna" she said and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she asked. "Laura still hasn't called," Derek said. "Hi, sweetheart. I missed you too. I'm doing good thanks for asking" Maddie said, a slight smirk on her face. "Maddie!" he groaned, his voice lacking any playfulness.

Maddie rolled her eyes, used to the stoic tone that he possessed over the last few years. She knew why he had changed and was never offended by it. She also knew there was never any genuine malice behind anything he said.

"How about I call her and make sure she's okay? Which I'm sure she is. You know how terrible she is about checking in" she said. "And tell her to call me" he added. "Will do. Love you" she said, a singsong tone in her voice.

"Love you too" Derek grumbled and Maddie just laughed at his mood. As soon as he hung up she dialed Laura's number. And to no surprise, Laura answered.

"Can you please call your brother before he has an anuersim?" Maddie asked. "I found something," Laura said, completely ignoring her question. "Wow so ignoring greetings just runs in the family huh?" Maddie asked.