26. Bitter-sweet-ness

ابدأ من البداية

Meilin regarded Qingcang suspiciously, her eyes narrowing. "You didn't kill him, did you?" she inquired, her voice low and cautious.

.

.

.

Earlier today:

Earlier today:

At around four o'clock in the afternoon, Dongfang Qingcang found the culprit responsible for casting the death curse on Meilin. The offender was a magician.

Qingcang's voice was menacing as he demanded information from the magician. "Tell me who hired you, or else..." he threatened, his sneer emphasizing the seriousness of the situation as the magician whimpered in fear.

The magician stuttered in fear as he responded, "If I tell y-you, I will die anyways. This is the c-contract I have with my w-workers."

Qingcang held the magician firmly, ready to inflict significant pain but not enough to kill him. He spoke with a terrifying voice, "You don't know me. If you don't tell me, I'll force you to choose what I should remove first: your skin or your limbs, little by little," he continued with narrowed eyes, staring deep into the magician's frightened eyes. "Don't try my patience," he warned, his intimidation clear.

 "Don't try my patience," he warned, his intimidation clear

.

.

.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" Meilin inquired.

Qingcang's expression turned serious as he met Meilin's gaze. "No," he replied firmly, his voice steady. "I didn't need to."

Meilin's eyes widened further in surprise and curiosity. "Wait, you didn't need to? What happened?" she asked, leaning forward eagerly.

"As I was about to extract information from him," Qingcang began, "those creatures killed him instantly."

Meilin's mouth fell open in shock. "You mean..." she trailed off, her voice barely above a whisper.

"The same creatures that have been hunting you," Qingcang replied grimly. "I demolished his cabin and every dark object that belonged to him, just in case."