Prologue - 'Dropped' Dead

You're so, so close.

If he could say so himself, Pix thought he had really outdone himself.

The whole of Hermitopia encased in an impenetrable glass case, to be preserved so that entire generations after him could understand the Empires' historical past.

As he fished out the last stack of glass from one of his 35 shulker boxes in his inventory, a shadow flickered across his shulker box and the glass he was standing on.

On high alert, he looked up at the sky, wondering if maybe one of his friends was using an elytra and had flown above the tall tower.

Nothing.

The chances were slim, and Pix knew that very well - I mean, who in their right mind would fly up to the maximum build height to simply get around? - but he wasn't sure of anything else it could've been.

Phantoms came out at night, parrots lived in the jungle far southwest of here, and while False was an amazing engineer, he highly doubted that her aircrafts were advanced enough to fly higher than the Hermitopia's tip.

Maybe it was a trick of the light? he suggested unconvincingly. Yeah, it was a trick of the light. You've been working for too long and so your eyes are playing tricks on you.

Highly paranoid, he warily bent down to start placing the glass again, yet an unnatural breeze blew by him causing Pix to jump up in shock.

"Who's there?" he asked, pulling his netherite sword from its sheath and brandishing it intimidatingly. "I demand you come out this instant!"

But no one came.

He couldn't tell if his sanity was suffering from this ridiculously enormous project, or if there was really someone there.

An uneasy feeling started to seep under Pix's skin, the hairs on the back of his neck prickling unnervingly.

He surreptitiously slid his sword back into his sheath and adjusted his geeky glasses before starting to place the glass blocks one by one again.

He was making brilliant progress - 64 turned into 32; 32 turned into 16; by the end of, Pix only had 3 blocks left to place.

Laying down the last block, he wiped a bead of sweat off of his face - the sun was really beating down on him from high up there - and dusted his palms off.

"Finished," he said breathlessly. "Finally,"

Taking a seat on the sturdy glass beneath him, he reached into his inventory and pulled out a chocolate filled bread roll as his stomach growled in anticipation.

He bit into it, the dry almost immediately cowering at the presence of the chocolate filling his mouth and chewed happily as he watched the world go by.

Well deserved, he told himself as he looked over the Great Bridge.

It looked ever so tiny from up there, as though it could fit within a lego set. Pirate Joe's colourful parrot; Joel's floating island; Scott's llama statue; it all looked so beautiful.

He felt a wave of pride as he finished the last few morsels of his snack.

Just then, a gust of wind blew by, whipping at Pix's face in the most definite presence of another server member. But it was only him at the top of the tower when he looked around.

Standing up carefully, he unsheathed his sword once more, his knuckles whitening as he gripped it tighter.

"I know you're there!" he called out to no one in particular. He was sure there was someone up there with him.

A loud rip sounded from behind him, and he turned on his heel, flourishing his netherite sword in a menacing manner.

Nothing?

You know, I'll just contact the whole server to see what they're up to and if whoever's doing this annoying prank will own up to it, he thought, pulling out his communicator from the pack pocket of his beige cargo pants.

He began to type away, quickly and quietly, the only sound being the whispering wind and the faint typing of his communicator.

But just as he was about to hit 'Send', the glass from beneath him shattered, sending him flying down towards the ground at full force.

His communicator tumbled out of his hands as he tried to press 'Send', and he panicked, trying desperately to find the string that would open his elytra.

Holding it tightly, he yanked on it, and his elytra sprung open, giving Pix a wash of relief that he really needed.

Momentarily, anyway, for he realised that his elytra had been torn.

The ripping sound from only moments before replayed in his head, and he realised that this was it.

His elytra wasn't going to work, and he was hurtling towards the ground at full force.

Yet, another thought occurred to him just before he hit the ground.

I've been set up.

And with a sickening crunch and a loud splat, Pix fell to the ground, lifeless.

Murdered.

But the question was, by who?

Word Count: 793

Hello there and welcome to my Murder Mystery AU! I've been working on this one for a while now, so I hope you all enjoy! Please remember to vote for this AU if you enjoyed it since it really helps me out a lot! 

Remember to stay safe, love yourselves and of course, have fun!

I love y'all so much, and just remember each and every one of you are one in a million.

That's it for now folks!

~ Firefox out!