Nuo's story Pt.2[RedSon n Nuo] (5/?)

Comincia dall'inizio

Nuo And Liang often talked about the future together. Once Liang was older and was well enough to travel, the two were going see the world. The two talked about Festivals, Parties, adventures, and so so much more.

She was finally happy.

————

One day, Nuo came to their normal spot and waited, and waited, and waited. She was late, but it was fine sometimes she was. Then she didn't come. So Nuo went home, she came again the next day, and the next and the next.

Nuo was starting to get concerned, so she put on a coat that covered her hair and walked to Liang's house. This had happened a few times, and Nuo was even invited inside at one point and shared a very nice lunch with Liang's family.

So Nuo thought maybe they had a sudden trip or work they had to get done. When Nuo came to the door and Liang's mother answered however, she was crying. Nuo was shocked,
"mrs-"
"Nuo?" she asked, Nuo nodded, Liang's mother bent down and hugged Nuo tightly. "I'm so sorry," she repeated crying into Nuo's shoulder.
"I-I'm sorry I do not understand why are you sorry ma'am?" Nuo asked, Liang's mother wipped her tears away,
"L-Liang she-she.." she began to sob. Nuo stood confused and concerned. Nuo looked past her into the house and saw their shrine.

There was...a picture..of Liang.

Nuo could feel her chest get heavy, as if her heart had just became heavier than metal or gold. Her eyes filled with tears, she could feel her body shake and tremble.
"M-ma'am?..." Nuo whispered horrified,
"We tried to find you..b-but no one knew where to find you a-and," she began sobbing again, "Liang wanted us to give you this," she sniffed reaching for a box. She handed it to Nuo and sobbed again, "I-I'm so sorry I-" Nuo bowed to her,
"Thank you for your time..I-I'll be going now. I'm so sorry for your loss." Nuo repeated the words Liang had told her was the proper words to say to someone who had lost someone close to them. Nuo walked away quickly, feeling her hair growing and the tears flooding her eyes.

Once back at the river side, Nuo sat down and opened the box. She opened the box, and found Liang's old doll...Nuo only stared. Next to it was a rock Nuo had gotten her from the bottom of the lake when they went swimming once. There was also two ribbons, they had constantly tied in her hair. Then a drawing of Liang smiling happily. Then, notes written on two peices of paper.

The first was addressed to Nuo's doll,
"Dear Nu...
I want you to take care of my friend. You know her better than I do, she is so young, and she needs a friend. And I am gone, I am sorry Nuo....
Yours, always Liang."

The next was a addressed to Nuo,
"Dearest Nuo,
I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you. I felt off the last time we played but I didn't think anything of it. When I got home however I fainted. The doctor says I'm going to die. So I'm writing you this note to let you know my last thoughts of you Nuo and my dying wishes. Nuo, you are my best friend, you are fun, kind, gentle, and very funny. I cherish our time together, and I hope I helped you see what living was truly like. I hope one day you'll find someone nice, and you won't ever have to step foot in your house again. I hope you find your real purpose, that isn't fighting or being apart of your parents wars. I don't have much space, so I just want to say. I love you Nuo like a sister, and I want you to go on and live. For me.
Love, Liang" Nuo stared at the letter.

Tears poured from her eyes and she began to sob. Her hair only grew, longer, longer, longer and longer. She screamed her lungs out,
"NO NO NO!" she would scream,
"YOU CANT LEAVE ME!" she would cry. She held the box closely to her chest as she climbed up the small hill. She tried to take another step, instead she fell to her knees sobbing. Her heart felt like it was going to rip out her chest, she wanted to rip out her own heart to stop the feeling. She wanted to go back and stop herself from ever meeting Liang. She screamed and cried for her friend to come back, to hug her again.

Instead...she was met with screaming in the distance. Nuo stood up tears still flowing from her eyes and ran to Liang's village. It was being flooded, Nuo stared in horror not knowing what to do.

When Nuo looked she found her hair had grown so long from her sobbing, it began to flood the village. Nuo's eyes only widened more, she ran away in fear, but it wasn't enough she could still hear screaming.

So she cut it off.

The hair fell, acting as normal water again.

Nuo still could hear screaming.

They were screaming.

Still screaming. It was all screaming.

Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming
Just screaming

Nuo ran back home in fear clutching the box close to her chest. She ran inside and locked her bedroom door before she broke down in violent yet silent sobs. She hadn't meant to hurt anyone. She really didn't.
She had been told she didn't need to use her hair, to cut it off so it would stay clean. She had cut off the hair to keep it safe.
To keep...what was left of Liang, safe.

——————————————————————————

1738 words