Chapter 10: The Ride of a Lifetime

Start from the beginning

I giggle before he asks "I'm guessing yours is Mini?"

I look down at my shirt and crack a smile before nodding my head and saying "Yup."

"Mines Wildcat.....um, what's your name?" Dan says from the front seat.

"Oh yeah," Parker says, looking at Dan. "We forgot introductions."

"Right." I fake smile and check my phone. I'm not sure why but I always do it when I feel awkward.

"This is Jordan," He tells Dan. "And this is Dan."

"Nice to meet you Dan," Dan says jokingly.

I politely laugh, pretending that I thought he was funny. His humor is either too bland, or he thought I was too young to get dirty jokes, even though I'm not that much younger than him.

"Anyways Jordan and Parker, I'll probably be out enjoying Boston while you guys are at Pax, so don't worry about me if I come home late."

"You gonna go clubbing?" Parker ask with a smile on his face.

Dan smirks and looks like he's gonna smack Parker.
Dan and Parker don't look that different actually. You can kinda tell that they're brothers. Dan had blue eyes that could kill, Messy dark brown hair above his eyebrows, and a 5 day-haven't shaved beard. He's cute and all, but he's not really my type.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We drove for a pretty long time before stopping at a McDonald's.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm starving." He turned off the engine and looked at us with those ice cold blue eyes.

"I'm pretty hungry" Parker says, looking up from his phone.

"I guess I could eat..." I say quietly.

"Alrighty then," He takes the keys and gets out of the car. Parker and I get out of the car and walk with Dan to the entrance.

As we walked in, I smelled french fries that were slightly too salty, and beef. There were a good amount of people, not enough to make a long line and take up all the tables, but enough for it to be noisy. Lots of kids screaming and laughing, doing kids stuff, and a few grandparents in the quiet corner tables. I saw an old man and an old woman sharing fries and I couldn't help but think of the cute old couple at the doctor's in the waiting room.

I followed Dan to the front where he stopped.

"What do you guys want?" He asks while staring at the menu.

"I'll have a Big Mac combo." I say quickly. I've always had the same thing when I came here.

"Same." Parker says and tugs on my sleeve. I turn around and he is looking at the tables. "Lets go find a booth."

I follow him around the restaurant until we found an empty booth in the corner of windows and I sit down.

"I'll go get napkins and stuff." He says and leaves.

I pull out my phone and open a conversation between Joel, Brayden, and Me.

'I haven't gotten murdered yet..' I type.

'...yet.' Brayden types.

'Lets just hope you don't get murdered before you meet them.' Joel typed.

'Jeez Joel, I feel like you should be going on this trip instead of me..' I sigh.

'Nah Jordan, you deserve to go on this trip.' Brayden texts quickly.

'Yeah I'm just kidding,' Joel sends.

'I know. Maybe one day we can all go together.'

Parker comes back with napkins and ketchup and straws, so I turn my phone off, looking like I was sitting patiently the entire time.