Chapter 10: The Ride of a Lifetime

I was in the middle of a kill streak when I heard the doorbell ring. I check the time, 8:35. My heart leaped.

"Okay guys I gotta go," I get up from my bed.

"Bye Jordan,"

"Remember a picture for me!" Joel says frantically.

"I will," I smile and turn everything off.

I grab my phone, phone charger, toothbrush, perfume and deodorant and shove it all in my backpack, before going downstairs and opening the front door.

Parker was standing on the porch with his phone out. As soon as I open the door, he looks up. He was wearing a black VG shirt with jeans and a blue beanie on his head. Anyone could tell that we both tried really hard to be cool with how we dressed.

"Hey Jordan." he says politely and waves with his free hand. "you ready?"

I hold the door open and he steps inside.
"Yeah pretty much."

Toby comes over and meows at Parker.
"Hey little guy," Parker pets him and squats down. "Who's this?" He asks me, barely taking his eyes off of him.

"That's Toby." I smile.

I put my bag down and grab my white converse as my mom comes walking over.

"Hi there!" She greets him with a smile.

"Hello" He says shyly and stands up.

"What's your name?" She asks.

"It's Parker, Parker Hidling." He holds out his hand.

My mom shakes his hand.
"I'm Mrs.Seether but you can call me Diana."

"Nice to meet you." He smiles.

As I tied up my converses, my mom asked Parker a whole bunch of questions like, where were we staying, how long we'd be out for, what time we'd get back, and usual motherly questions.

He answered all of them patiently and politely. I was surprised when he said we'd be back in the hotel probably around 10. I'm not usually out that late but maybe we are doing stuff after Pax.

"I'm ready." I say as I stand up and grab my bag.

"Ok, let's go." Parker says and heads out the door.

"Keep in touch Jordan, I want you to call me both nights to make sure you're ok." My mom holds the screen door open so we can leave. "I love you!" She says as I walk out the door.

"Love you too mom, see you on Sunday!" I hug her tightly and head for a parked car in my driveway with someone in the drivers seat.

"His names Dan right?" I ask, surprised I actually remembered his brothers name.

"Yeah, he's pretty cool so don't worry." Parker pulls out his phone as he sits on the right side of the car, so I sit on the left.

The car felt warm, which made it stuffy.
I put my bag by my feet in the middle and buckle my seatbelt.

"Alright guys," An older voice said.

Dan turned around to face us.

"It's gonna be a long ride." He smirks the best he can and turns back around.
"TO BOSTON!" He raises his fist in the air as high as he can, without hitting the roof.

"To Boston!" Parker and I chant a little quieter.

He pulls out of the driveway and my stomach flops. What am I doing, I barely even know these people.

"So who's your favourite youtuber?" I ask, forgetting about his shirt.

He smiles and looks down at his shirt before answering "Vanoss."