16. Their Inescapable Fate of Downfall

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lord Liyuan stood before Yunzhong, the two men deep in conversation. They stood in the center of a grand white hall adorned with silk tapestries and white pillars.

"If she does come back here, doesn't that mean she's also a threat to us?" Lord Liyuan voiced his concern, his eyes fixed on Yunzhong.

Yunzhong's smirk disappeared, replaced by a stern expression as he responded firmly to Lord Liyuan's question, "No, even if she awakens, she won't be powerful, and she'll be frail."

Lord Liyuan was curious. "How so?"

"Because Lord Dong Chonghua stripped her of any potential power before sending her to the Hidden Realm as a baby. It was a safety measure," Yunzhong answered, his voice trailing off as he spoke.

Lord Liyuan's eyes widened in surprise. "Why didn't he kill the baby after taking her from Lady Yannu and her husband, Xiajun? Did he feel pity for the child of his past lover?"

Yunzhong's voice shook with anger as he spoke, "Pity? He wanted to kill the baby, but a shield was preventing it for some reason. Not even the Moon Tribe knows that Yannu had a child, let alone one with Xiajun, the man our ancestors sealed away in the Haotian Tower before he broke free. It took them forever to seal him." He paused, taking a deep breath before continuing, his voice measured and controlled again. "But we must remain vigilant. If she does return, we will be ready to face her."

Liyuan, the other immortal being, approached Lord Yunzhong with a look of concern etched on his face about Lord Dong Chonghua's intent to kill the daughter of Lady Yannu and the prisoner Xiajun, and it troubled him deeply

Liyuan, the other immortal being, approached Lord Yunzhong with a look of concern etched on his face about Lord Dong Chonghua's intent to kill the daughter of Lady Yannu and the prisoner Xiajun, and it troubled him deeply. "Why did Lord Dong Chonghua become so determined to kill the daughter of Lady Yannu and the prisoner Xiajun?" he asked Lord Yunzhong, hoping to find some answers.

Lord Yunzhong sighed deeply before answering, "She was prophesied to grow up and be the cause of our downfall. Once she joins forces with another man from the Moon Tribe, her awakening will start. Once the awakening has finished, it will be the end of all the gods and goddesses." His voice was heavy with emotion, and it was clear that he had been carrying this burden for some time.

Liyuan's eyes widened with panic as he realized the gravity of the situation. "This wickedness must be stopped!" he exclaimed, determined to help however he could. "Join forces with a man, you say?" he asked, trying to make sense of the prophecy.

"Yes," Yunzhong replied through gritted teeth. "And that man is the same young man who has been giving us trouble lately."

Liyuan struggled to hold himself together as he realized the full implications of Lord Yunzhong's words. "Do you mean...?" he spoke in a shocked tone, unable to finish the sentence.

"Yes," Yunzhong confirmed with a sigh and summoned an ancient scroll inside a narrow bottle in his hand. The light faded from his hands as he opened the bottle lid and carefully unrolled the scroll to reveal a painting of a young man's face. "Dong Chonghua painted the man's face that he saw in the Tianji Mirror, and he will destroy us all when he unites with the fully awakened daughter of Yannu and Xiajun. No one will be able to stop him."