♬ 𝓓𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ♬ /v1

Jake Pov.

I can't believe all of this happened yesterday. I confessed to Drew, got kicked out, me and Drew basically kissed.

We didn't talk about the kiss since then, are we dating? Or not?
To be honest I'm too scared to ask him.
What if he don't want to be official?

I just sighed and melted in my bed covers. Its only a day since the competition... And I can't participate since I've been kicked out...

Suddenly it hit me. I can go by myself. I don't need help, I'm just fine by myself.

I decided to look up some songs, my plan is find one that I can sing. I might even write a song myself...

But I feel like I forgot something...

Something very important.

Drew Pov.

I feel like a new person, A Better person...

And i can't miss the opportunity to change for better.

That's when I decided.
I will go to this music competition...

If it will make me seem like a whole different person, I'll do it without hesitation.

I was just happy everything started to be fine, me and Jake kissed and I'm planning on asking him out just on the stage, my mom moved away after she found out I started to play violin again. And my dad started to treat me like a human being.

There was still one thing I was waiting and praying for.

My brother.

I want him to see me on stage performing, I want it to be our time, not only mine. He was the one who convinced me to play violin at the first time.

I was just practicing some songs, my hand movement, checking strings, basically everything;- when I heard someone calling my phone.

"Is this Drew? I'm so sorry to inform you that... David is no longer with us. "- I ended the call as quickly as I heard " us" there's no way...

My eyes starting to tear up as I ran to my dad.
We drove as quickly to the hospital my brother was in.

...

"We tried our best... "- I heard the nurse say giving my dad some paper-works.

I was crushed. I just wanted him to see me play on stage, it was his dream. It could be at least his last thing that he saw, if it only made his last day happy...

My eyes were all red from crying, so was my fathers. We stayed in the hospital till' very night time. We watched as funeral home took him with them. We took all the papers and all of his things.

I could see that the little boy form the same room was crying as well.
My brother was in coma the whole time but I guess they became somehow very good friends.

For the whole day I didn't answer any of the calls or texts.
I think it made Henry and Liam worry since they bursted in the hospital like some FBI agents.

" WHAT HAPPENED?! " - Henry yelled from the end of the corridor and ran towards me to hug me.

- David's gone... - I said silently hugging my friend back before stepping away.
Henry within a second had tears in his eyes. I can tell Liam is sad too, but he focused on comforting Henry.

I'm honestly happy he's there for this lettuce brain. I can take this pretty well, but Henry is kinda soft when it comes to his homies.

"Does Jake know? He's been trying to reach you for the past two hours"- Liam asked as he gave my dad a cup of water.

-I'll call him... - shit. I really should contact him, he's probably worried sick.

I went out of the hospital, sat on the bench as far from people as it was possible and unlocked my phone.

46missed calls and 21 new messages from Jakey🍑

I quickly called back, I didn't check the messages, there's no time for this.

-Hi Jake I'm very sorry I didn't answer you. I... - I stopped. How do I say it again? - David just died today.

I heard a gasp from Jake and a quiet sniff.

" I'm coming there right now"- I could hear Jake already locking the door.
-No Jake Wai- I've been cut by the Beep sound.
Damn he hung up...

Well I guess I'll just wait for him to arrive.

...

In some minutes Jake got out of the car and as soon as he saw me he ran and hugged me.

What's with them and hugging?

I didn't push him away though I just hid my face in the crook of his neck.
Jake didn't mind too, he didn't say a word. He only stroke my hair and hugged me by the left arm.

What did I deserve to have him right here with me.

I didn't deserve him at all, but I'm happy he's here either way.

Jake gave me a small kiss on my head and we just went back to the hospital to check on my dad, Henry and Liam.

I didn't even notice we were holding hands until my dad gave us concerned look.

I blushed as I looked away. How will my dad even react when he'll hear about me and Jake.

Will he be mad? Or will he be supportive...

This is a problem for another day.

...

It was already really late so me and my dad decided to let the boys stay the night at our place.

When I gave everyone clothes Liam pulled me away to another room.

"I think you should perform at the music competition even after... You know"- is it really a good idea? I still can't control my emotions after my brothers death

" It would make David happy... At least make his last days worth something? Who knows, maybe he's still here with us somewhere "- Liam added placing a hand on my shoulder and leaving the room.

I collapsed on the floor and hid my face in my hands.

How can I play knowing he's dead.
Violin always reminds me of him.
Of those happy days when he was a little kid playing in the garden with other kids.
What did he deserve to die in such a young age?
He's just a kid, his whole life was ahead of him...

I felt someone sitting next to me and putting their head on my shoulder.
I just wanted to yell so they can't touch me, when I saw it was actually Jake.

Nah never mind, he can stay.

" I'm so sorry... I still can't believe it happen... David and Milo just made a promise they will play the new game you bought them last Christmas... "- I could hear his voice break.

I hate seeing him like that...
I hate seeing everyone in this house like that...

Henry and Liam are my friends since forever and I can't stand seeing them sad, I might seem like I don't care about them. But I really do.

My father is my father, of course I care about him...

And Jake, well Jakes just Jake, person I love the most?... I think...

I kissed his forehead and smiled
-You should go to sleep, love

I saw a blush just growing on his face " Love? "

I just ignored the confusion of Jake, He'll get there sometime. I helped him get up and we went to the room where the other two boys were.

Liam and Heney were already sleeping on the couch, so me and Jake just got to my room.
I don't want to wake them up so we just left them be and went to sleep too.