Chapter 66: Heartache | Pt 2

"Ellet, are you coming down for dinner?" Tenra called up to me, and I finished writing something down before I called back.

"I'll be down in a few minutes!" I could smell the tasty food being prepared by my mother and siblings, and I stared down at the letter on my desk, tired and yawning as I tapped my pencil on the hard wood. "I think this looks good. I'll send it to them after dinner." I got up from his chair, and just as I did, I heard a knock on the door. "Idalia." I quickly hurried down the stairs, waving to my siblings. "I'll get it!"

I began unlocking the door, a flood of emotions washing over me as I tried to think of what I was going to say to her. I was happy she was back safe but I was also still angry about what happened.

"Idalia! You're back!" I beamed as I pulled the door open, but to my surprise, it wasn't the princess I missed at the door, rather her best friend instead. "Azu?"

"Ellet!" Azu smiled brightly at the sound of my voice, and he quickly leaped to hug me. "I'm so glad to see you! Well, hear you, but still!"

"How did you get here so fast? I only sent that letter a few hours ago." I raised my eyebrow, and he shrugged and pulled it out of his bag and held it up.

"I got out of the shrine just in time for it to arrive. And you're lucky _____ was still with me to read it, because if she wasn't, I would have had no idea what it said." Azu folded his arms, and I rubbed the back of my neck as I remembered.

"Oh, yeah, sorry Azu." I let him into the house, but I took one last look for Idalia before I closed the door. No sign of her coming back soon. "Everyone, this is Azu. Azu, this is my family."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Azu!" My mother chirped, glancing over from her place by the pot she had one of her new soups in. "I'm Tenra, Ellet's mother. You must be absolutely famished from your journey, Ellet told us all about it."

"I am a bit hungry," He admitted, letting me take his bag when I offered, and I set it near the stairs to be brought up later. "And might I add whatever you're making smells amazing, Mrs. Finn!" My mother smiled at his remark, and he used wind to leap over to the couch, and he sat down next to Aldin. "So, Ellet, where's the lovely Princess Idalia?"

"Idalia's uhm... she's not here." I managed, and the look of happiness quickly went to one of confusion when he heard what I said, and I walked over to the sofa where he was sitting.

"Then where is she?"

"She's at Mount Lanayru." He looked even more confused, and he then looked as if he was trying to figure out what she could have been doing there. But he drew a blank, so I went on anyway. "She had a dream that she should go to Mount Lanayru and awaken her powers, and then she went, and I followed her up, but when I argued that she shouldn't, she told me I should leave if I didn't support her decision."

"Well we have to go get her!" Azu quickly got up and was about to head towards the door, but I stopped him. "This could be dangerous for her!"

"She said she's going to be home by the end of the day. We should at least wait a bit for her to come back on her own." I told him, and he went to protest but realized there was no point. He knew I'd hold my ground. "Why don't we just eat, and you can tell me about your trip to the shrine while we wait for her?"

"Fine," He sighed, and just then, my mother clinked her spoon against the side of her pot and called again.

"Dinner's ready! Dig in, everyone!"

~~~~

"This one is called the Slippery Slide!" Azu used wind to push himself into the air, and then he formed ice beneath his feet and created a slide beneath him as he slid towards the ground. He used the slide to lift him over our heads as we watched him, and he led it all over the place before letting it end on the ground. "And this one is called the Fire Breathing Dragon!"