Chapter 65: Veins of Gold

(Sudden scene changes ahead)

I shifted in my sleep as I felt Idalia move away from me, but I didn't fully wake from it. I had opened my eyes for a moment to see her laying facing in the other direction, but I only reached out to place my hand on her arm before I drifted back off to sleep again. I didn't know what time it was, or how much time I had left to sleep, I only knew it had been dark.

Eventually I woke up again, but this time it was because I heard quiet rustles nearby. I yawned and opened my eyes, gently squeezing Idalia's arm. But then I realized I was only squeezing the blanket she had been laying on. I looked up to see a person in a dark cloak with golden hair, and Ruby was standing next to the person.

"Idalia...?" I whispered, and the person turned around and revealed herself to be Idalia. "What are you doing?" She sighed and looked back at Ruby, who was all saddled up and ready to leave.

"I'm going to Mount Lanayru." She said, mounting her pure white steed. I pushed myself up from my spot, thinking she was joking for a moment. But she definitely wasn't. "I had a dream that I should go. My fate is waiting up there for me."

"Idalia, no. I'm not going to allow you to go there!" I told her, and she didn't answer and only looked away from me and towards the mountain. "We have a plan. You don't need to trouble yourself with this right now."

"I'll be back by the end of tomorrow." She pulled her hood over her head, and then she glanced at me one more time. "Write to my parents when you get to Hateno, but don't tell them where I went." She gripped the reins of her horse and whipped them. "Let's go, Ruby."

"Idalia! Wait!" I reached out for her, but she and Ruby were already off down the path towards the mountain. "Arke! Arke!" I called for my horse, but then I remembered he was still in the stable and not saddled. "Rensa! I need Arke to be saddled!" And that took almost twenty minutes.

~~~~

The waters of the Spring were cold, but I didn't let that faze me as I stepped into them. I took a deep breath as I walked towards the statue at the end, and I got more enveloped with water with each step I took. I looked down at my reflection in the water, and I tried to focus on my power. But then a call interrupted me.

"Idalia!" I looked behind me to see Ellet jogging into the temple, and I smiled nervously and waved at him.

"Oh, Ellet! I thought you were going to head back to Hateno."

"And let you come up here all by yourself? Do you think I'm crazy?" He snapped, and I looked away from him and back at the statue. "If I'm going to Hateno, you're coming with me."

"I need to fulfil my destiny. And I would like a little peace while I'm trying to accomplish that."

"Idalia, if you awaken your power now, it will be taken over by darkness. Do you really want to sacrifice everything we've worked for?" He asked, and I huffed and turned all the way around to face him. "Idalia, I don't know much about your powers and destiny, but I do know that you're taking a risk by doing this."

"But I had a dream. I've never had a dream I was so certain about before, Ellet." I looked back at the goddess carved in stone, and he looked up at her too. "I know it sounds absurd, but I want you to trust me." Ellet was quiet after this, and I thought he might finally let me do my thing. But I was wrong.

I heard him doing something, and after a moment, I heard him wading into the water. His hand wrapped around my wrist, and he gently pulled me away from my spot.

"Come on, Idalia. We'll just head to Hateno from here since it's not too far." I looked up at him, and I could tell he was frustrated that I wasn't listening to him. I pulled my hand away and stepped back, further into the water.