Dad turned and looked to me watching me face palm as Mom was being dramatic. He bent down a bit to look over the wound before standing up and growling towards me. I smiled innocently.

"I did pretty good, huh?"
"Why didn't you go to a doctor, Mazikeen? You could have gotten an infection." He scolded.
"Oh, Honey. Does it hurt?" Mom suddenly asked.

I pulled her up taking her hands in mine to look her straight in the eye while smiling.

"Mom, I'm okay. It doesn't hurt. If anything it itched like crazy. I keep it covered with ointment. It will heal soon."
"Why hasn't it healed yet? You have Alpha blood too." She stated worried.
"Some of the Rouge's coated their claws with silver somehow."

Her eyes widened, but Dad spoke before her.

"The salad is ready. Let's eat." He said taking three plates out of the cabinet.

After we all made our plates, we sat at the table and began eating quietly. I was wondering when they would bring up the Mate subject when Mom finally spoke up.

"So I heard everyone found their Mate. Did you meet them?" She asked.
"Yes. They were all very likable although I do have one thing to say."
"Be nice." Mom scolded already knowing what I was going to say.
"Before I met Ada only one person in this world scared me and that was Dad. Now Ada has officially stolen that role. No offense, Dad."

He chuckled as she swatted his arm.

"You two stop. Ada is very sweet and cares for you Sister very much. You should be happy for her." Mom school me.
"Oh, I'm very happy for her. She'll never have to fear anyone with Ada by her side."

Dad laughed loudly and Mom smiled. She couldn't argue with that. When the laughter died down and we began to eat again they shared a look before turning to me.

"What?"
"I'm sorry, Sweetheart." She smiled sadly.
"For what?"
"For not having any luck." She answered.

I smiled while taking eating a cucumber.

"Why are you smiling?" My Dad asked concerned.
"Who said I didn't have any luck?"

Mom dropped her fork shocked and Dad froze.

"That's why I wanted to have lunch with you both today to tell you about it."
"You found your second chance Mate?" Mom asked tearing up.
"Yes."

She covered her mouth still shocked and Dad just stared at the table. Now for the bomb..

"He's a Beta."

Dad's chair pushed back at he quickly left the room. Mom didn't bother following him already understanding his worry. I looked at the now closed door to his old office and sighed. I knew this would happen. I know he's not mad, he's just worried and has every right to be. Hearing that Ash is a Beta was probably the icing on the cake.

"Mom, I promise I'll tell you everything, but.."
"I know, Honey. Go ahead." She said with a face filled of understating.

I took a deep breath before standing up and walking to his office door. I knocked lightly, then slowly entered. He was sitting in his chair with his head in his hands.

"Come sit with me."

He got up and followed me to the couch. As soon as we sat down I wrapped my arms around one of his while laying my head on his shoulder.

"I think you'll like this one."
"How do you know he isn't like Tyler?" He asked looking to me sadly.

My whole body deflated seeing that look on his face.

"I can't lose you like that again, Maze. I can't." He choked out.

I pulled him in for a quick hug, then placed my head back on his shoulder.

"Remember when my Wolf linked with Adrian and I seen all his memories from birth up until that moment?"
"Yes." He answered.
"Well, my Mate Asher. He was in so many of them. They have been Best Friends since they could walk, so not only did I see Adrian grow up, but I seen Asher grown up. I know you don't understand it, but those memories... Adrian's memories allowed me to see what kind of Man he is and Dad, he is amazing."

He looked to me unsure.

"He is Adrian's Beta. If Adrian can trust him so can I. Asher is nothing like Tyler. We spent the day together yesterday and he listened to my story and he respected the fact that I want to take thing's slow. He makes me smile more than I normally would, he gives me butterflies, listen's when I talk, and every time he look's at me he has this look in his eyes that I pray will never go away."

My Dad smiled as I zoned out to explain everything to him while reliving it.

"I want to meet him and only then will he get my approval." He stated.
"Deal."

He pulled me into a deep hug, then pulled back examining my neck.

"Why do you have hickies?" He groaned.

I smiled innocently.

"He's very sweet."
"If he is so sweet, then why aren't you Marked. No sane Beta would leave his Mate unmarked."
"I told him I wasn't ready for that."
"And what did he have to say about that?" He wondered.
"He was okay with it on one condition."
"Maze, he shouldn't be giving you conditions." Dad complained trying to be a Papa Wolf.

I laughed at his antics anyways.

"You're just trying to find reason's not to like him."
"Fine, what was the condition?" He asked crossing his arms.
"If I marked him."

His eyebrows flew up and he looked to me taken back.

"Wow, I bet he felt like a fool for that one." Dad laughed except I just smiled.

He stopped laughing and tilted his head.

"You didn't." He deadpanned.
"I did."

I stood up smiling and walked to the door.

"You will meet him and when you do I know you'll like him."
"I'll be the judge of that." He grumbled.

I shook my head and opened the door.

"Come on, grumpy before our food gets cold. I promised Mom I would tell her about him."

We walked back out to the table where Mom was waiting patiently. We both apologized for leaving her alone, then I let her fire away with all the questions she wanted. Every answer I gave made me that much happier to know that I Mazikeen Reese got lucky.

🐺

Feedback
W/C: 1,777