The two slit their eyes, enhancing the stare they've managed to maintain. The air hesitated, and the winds had grown quiet. Once Jungwon shifted into his first stance, Suyin stole the first move. She slashed a line of shadows forward. Jungwon dodged her hit with a swift turn, capturing her eyes. Suyin's fingers twirled, tossing her arm out again. She missed as Jungwon stepped off.

Jungwon dashed and front-flipped, summoning daggers of sunstone in Suyin's direction. Suyin stood unfazed by the approaching daggers and swayed her arm. A smoke of shadows mustered at her front, reversing the path of the sunstone daggers. Pride smothered Suyin's face as surprise sprinkled over Jungwon's expression.

Jungwon's arms flew out, freezing and disintegrating the crystals. He repositioned himself and collected a line of new crystals. "That's a new one," Jungwon commented.

"Just for you," Suyin responded, shrugging.

"Oh really?" Jungwon sprinted at Suyin. However, Suyin directed the aim of his fist away with a whisper to her shadows. Jungwon stumbled for a moment but spun around at the perfect time.

The two sent their forearms out, and they clashed. The two stood face to face–forearms connected. Suyin's eyes trickled down the boy, and she smirked. As she lifted her hand, shadows whirled up Jungwon's figure, directing his arms to the right. Suyin led him like a short dance. Nonetheless, she freed him and lodged a cloud of black into his abdomen. Jungwon tripped, and he finally collapsed on his back.

Jungwon's hair splayed on the concrete floor. He gazed up at the girl–chest rising and falling every few seconds. Suyin crossed her arms, crouching down to the boy's side. "Ha," Suyin mocked.

The boy closed his eyes, huffing out a low chuckle. For a moment, Suyin praised herself silently for finally defeating him. But his hand flew out, grasping her arm. He hauled Suyin to the ground beside him, earning a high-pitched yelp from her. He rolled off of his back, arriving on top of her. "Ha," Jungwon shot.

Suyin blinked, baffled by his sharp movements. His knees caged her by the hips. He had captured her wrist right above her head and the other next to his shoulder, leaving no chance of escaping. His bangs hung down, freeing his bare forehead. She could almost feel his heavy breaths swaying over her damp skin.

Catching herself gawking, panic stirred in her eyes. Suyin knocked her hands against Jungwon's chest. He finally rose up, freeing her wrists and standing. Suyin sat up, combing her hair while climbing to her feet. She patted down her robes before regarding Jungwon. He bent down to her height, hovering near her face.

"What now?" Suyin questioned the boy. His hand lifted, and he brushed his fingers against the side of her face in a gentle manner.

"You had some failure on your face," he replied casually.

Suyin rolled her eyes, catching his hand. Before responding, she realized multiple pairs of curious eyes had been pinned on them. A few of their team members had been glancing their way, watching their fight.

≿━━━━༺◎༻━━━━≾

Wonchul had given the team a break after hours of training. While some traveled into the dining room to claim a few snacks, others departed to their rooms to take a breather.

In the dining room, Suyin grabbed a fuzzy golden peach from a wooden bowl, examining it. She sensed another approaching from behind. Before she could see who they were, they spoke.

"Thanks," Jungwon said, stealing the fruit from her hands.

A small gasp escaped Suyin. Suyin rolled her eyes at the boy. "Jungwon, there's a whole fruit bowl. Get your own," she groaned.

Jungwon analyzed the peach's soft pink surface. "Get a life." Jungwon glanced back at Suyin, who already had her eyes pinned on him. He arched his eyebrow carefully, lowering the peach in his hand. "Hm?"

"Hm? You took my fruit," Suyin bickered, glowering as he took a bite.

"Fine. Have it back then," Jungwon muffled, tossing the fruit back to the girl.

Suyin caught the fruit in her hands. Disgust plastered on her face as she examined it. "You bit this," she deadpanned.

"And?"

"I can't eat this anymore."

"Why not?" Jungwon asked. He crossed his arms, tilting his head.

The look on his face hasn't gone unnoticed. Suyin averted her eyes from his stare. "Well, because–"

"It's just an indirect kiss," Jungwon added. He took a daring step forward—too close. His eyes dripped onto the fruit. "Does that bother you?"

Jungwon's face slept in a dreamy, tempting expression. However, as soon as Suyin discovered the slightest curve forming on his lips, she shoved the fruit in his face. "You're disgusting. I hate you."

"Hey, that's harsh."

"Exactly."

Jungwon's soft giggle soared through the air. Although his head lowered, Suyin could still notice how his dimples poked out. Shadows dove into the tiny holes in his cheeks, glazing over his skin. As Jungwon stifled his smile, he revealed another golden peach in his other hand. "Here."

Once Jungwon tossed the fruit, Suyin caught it. "Oh," Suyin let out.

Jungwon shared another smile with her as he leaned against one of the tall chairs. "Yin," he said.

"Won?"

He crossed his arms. "You're so," he sighed, "you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Suyin asked. There was a small pause—almost unnoticeable. Curiosity loomed through her mind, dipping itself into Suyin's distant thoughts. She couldn't dare to dive in while staring back at the gleaming boy in front of her.

"You're an idiot," Jungwon answered.

"Hey!" Suyin exclaimed, slapping his shoulder.

Jungwon laid his hand over hers before Suyin could retract. Suyin scanned over his face—his eyes...didn't have his usual annoying stare. Instead, the warmth of his dark brown irises had softened up. Suyin didn't feel guilty for gazing at them because his eyes hugged bits and pieces of the white sunlight.

"Yah, Jungwon-ah," a voice entered the room.

As Jungwon let go, Suyin's shoulders rested with a sliver of discontent.

Jungwon glanced towards the entrance. "What?" His regular tone had returned.

Sunghoon stood at the entryway, arms crossed like always. His frozen aura picked at Suyin's skin. However, it almost vanished as Sunghoon squinted his eyes. "What...are you guys doing?" He interrogated them.

"Nothing."

"Your mother."

Jungwon's glare attempted to slice Suyin's smirk away. Suyin blocked it.

"What? I'm just me," Suyin shrugged, pivoting towards the exit to leave the two. She bit the fruit in her hand while walking away and ignored the flurry in her stomach.

_____________

ummm...hi i'm back💀