Nobody Gets Me

Summary: You and Arny are in a situationship (like a friends-with-benefits type of deal), how will it end? This is also kind of based on the song by SZA

Warnings: Angst, a bit steamy but no real smut yet, language, mentions of past trauma/heartbreak

Enjoy!

You couldn't truly pinpoint when this had actually started. You and Arny had met through mutual friends and had somehow gotten off on the wrong foot. For reasons unknown, you couldn't get along. Always arguing and making fun of each other, basically bullying one another. He hated you and you hated him. It was a mutual hate that would never change. Or so you thought.

One night, you had gone to a party with your friends and Arny was there. You both had been drinking and feeling buzzed. You had started bickering over God knows what and one thing led to another and you ended up having sex that night. 

And then it happened again.

And again.

Now it had turned into a regular thing. Meeting up, hooking up, and going home.

It was actually where you were right now. 

You were laying next to Arny as you both caught your breaths, a thin layer of sweat on your skin from the previous activities. 

"How was that?" he asked with a cocky grin.

"Eh, I've had better," you shrugged with a smile.

"Fuck you," he huffed out with a laugh.

He got up from the bed and started to get dressed as you watched him intently, holding the blanket to your chest. You decided to get dressed as well, grabbing your shirt and jeans.

"I was going to ask if you would like to spend the night?" he whispered, looking at you.

Shit, you thought to yourself. You liked Arny, but you would never admit it out loud because if you did, it would mean that you would have to accept your feelings. The only good thing about this fuck buddy situation was that you got to see him without having to confess anything. No strings attached. 

"We've never done that before," you said.

"Well, if we're gonna talk about things we haven't done-" 

"Oh, fuck off. You know what I meant," you cut him off. "Why the sudden change?"

"I mean, I don't know," he shrugged. "I guess I just figured that since it's late, you could just stay."

You stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. Your mind was scrambling and your fight or flight was kicking into high gear.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" he questioned.

"Nothing. I don't think me staying is a good idea," you stated, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Why? It's not like we're together or anything. I'll even let you have my bed," he explained.

"The bed isn't the problem. You've literally seen my, well, everything so that isn't the problem," you said.

"Then what's the issue then?"

"This isn't what we do," you spat. "Staying the night? That's not what we agreed on."

He furrowed his brows in confusion. "We didn't really agree on anything. We just fucked once in a bathroom at a party and then decided to keep doing it and to keep it on the low."

"Exactly," you agreed. "Spending the night is not considered on the low. We said no strings attached."

"Right, an agreement we made when we were drunk," he scoffed. "Definitely a solid plan."

"Drunk or not, that is what we said," you countered.

"Well, would it be so bad if we changed our minds?" he suggested.

Your eyes widened at his words. Is he hinting that he likes me, you thought to yourself. No, that's not possible. He hates me. I hate him. We can't be together. It would never work out and then it would just be weird. 

"Yes, it would," you nodded. 

"For real?" he shook his head. "We have been doing this for months now. Would it be the worst thing if we were to give us a try?"

"Us?" you questioned.

"Yes," he nodded.

"What do you mean 'us'?"

"Okay, I'm going to say this in a way that you can understand," he stated. "I may have developed feelings for you. And I want to be with you. More than just sex. I want you."

To say you were shocked was an understatement. You expected anything but that. Now you were really freaking out.

"I-I can't," you mumbled, looking at the ground. "I know how this ends and I will not put myself through that."

"What?" he asked.

"I am not going to get my heart broken again. Especially not by you," you said, putting on your shirt.

"And what makes you think that I'm going to break your heart?" he questioned, walking over to you.

"Everything," you cried out. "You're probably not even actually attracted to me, you're just drunk on sex."

"No, that's not it," he denied.

"Oh yeah? Prove it," you deadpanned.

He grabbed your face with both hands, pressing his lips onto yours passionately. In all of the months you had spent hooking up, you had never shared such a beautiful kiss. You felt sparks inside you and you knew this was real.  But your anxiety was still telling you to leave.

"After all this time, you're gonna sit there and tell me you don't feel anything?" he spoke after he pulled away, forehead pressed against yours.

You wanted to tell him, you really did. But you were afraid. "I don't."

He nodded, pursing his lips as he backed away from you. You could see his eyes glazing over as he avoided your gaze. 

"Right," he muttered. "Well, I won't keep you any longer."

"Arny, I-" 

"You should go, it's late," he interrupted.

"Are we cool?" you asked.

"It's whatever," he spat, a stone-cold look on his face.

"I'm sorry," you said as you walked over to the door.

"Yeah, I bet you are," he mumbled, but you heard.

"Fuck you, Arny. I'm trying not to screw things up with you that's not my fault," you hissed at him.

"You already screwed things up! Don't you get it? Just go. That's what you wanted, so go. Get fucking lost. Have fun finding dick," he yelled at me, poison dripping from his tone.

"I hate you," you whispered.

"Same here," he agreed, clenching his jaw.

With that said, you ran out the door not looking back. Tears clouded your vision as you replayed the events in your head. You had been scared of losing him and now you had because you pushed him away out of fear. What did I just do, you asked yourself. 

A/N: Part Two????? I hope y'all like this and let me know if y'all have any suggestions or ideas. Love y'all <3