Untitled Part 3

I woke up to the smell of bacon. It smelt so good I could feel my mouth water a little. I got up and went into the kitchen and saw Bobby cooking. I had some stitches in my side from the monster I saw in the woods.

"How do your stitches feel? Don't do too much to rip them either" Dean said handing me a plate with eggs, toast, and some bacon on it.

"They feel weird, then again I'm weird with things being in me like this" I said scratching them a little. Dean yelled at me not to scratch them. 

"I feel weak and helpless, like I don't know anything about what you guys do. I could get kidnapped all the time like Daphne from Scooby-Doo or worse get killed." I said looking down at my hands in my lap.

"You're not weak or helpless laynie. You may not know anything, bu we'll teach you enough so if something does happen you'll be able to protect yourself til one of us shows up to help" Sam said smiling at me.

"You're a little and fragile girl, we're here to help protect you" Dean said as he shoved more food in his mouth.

"So what you're saying is that because I'm a girl it's your job to protect me and that I can't do it on my own?" I said getting a little mad at his comment.

"No that's not what I meant! I mean.. uhm.." He kept stuttering as he slowly stopped talking. Causing me and Sam to laugh a little.

"I think he meant that yes you are small and fragile but you're still tough at the same time and that when you need it we're here to help you. You may be new in our lives but you made a big impact on our lives and you're like family to us and we don't want anything bad happening to you." Sam said as Dean nodded trying to get me to not be mad at him anymore. Sam was right they are like family to me too.

"Wanna go get some ice cream or pie?" I asked as the 2 brothers and Dean's eyes lite up brighter than the sun.

"Fuck yeah I could go for some pie!" Dean said grabbing his jacket. Sam picked me up and put me on Dean's back who then started running around the house like you would with a little kid pretending to be an airplane. He stopped when Bobby came in the house and stared at us like we were dumb.

"What in gods name are you doing?" He asked as he set his stuff down on the side table. It was silent for a minute then Dean broke it.

"Being an airplane." He said as Bobby gave him a 'wtf' face.

"Idjets" Was all he said as he walked into the kitchen. Dean walked behind him and set me down in a chair next to Sam. We didn't leave to go get anything, Bobby had pie and brownies with him when he came in.

"Hey can we get a puppy?" I asked as I finished my brownie. They all looked at me a shook their heads then went back to talking about whatever they talk about. I sighed and took some pain relievers and my side felt better so I got up and went outside and sat on a swing set Bobby had hidden within the mountains of cars. I sat there for a hour or so before anyone found me. It was Dean who came and sat next to me.

"That sad about not getting a puppy?" He asked as he sat down. I just nodded my head. He nudged my shoulder and I looked at him.

"I've never had a pet and I thought it could help protect me when it got older or something" I said swinging higher. Dean grabbed my legs stopping me and almost pulling me off the swing.

"Wanna go shopping? I mean I won't be much help as I'm a guy but would that help make up for no puppy?" He asked sounding different than normal, he wasn't so stern and mean sounding. I nodded my head again and he grabbed my hand and lead me to the Impala. We Listened to Journey on our way there and when we got into town we pulled up to a weird little shack looking building. We got out and I just stood there, the building was a little creepy looking. Dean just grabbed my hand and pulled me in. As he opened the door the sound of animals filled me ears and a huge smile spread across my face.