A Fresh Start?

I was sitting at graduation for my college music class waiting for it to end. It was taking way to long, I just wanted to leave. I was last because my last name is Ward.. but eventually they called my name. I went and got my diploma and I was the first one out the door. You'd think that in college bullying would stop.. well it doesn't. Not for some at least, it wasn't as bad as high school. High school is mostly drama, and I'd you bullied someone you were cool. It was only 1 or 2 people who did it, but for someone who can't ignore what others say, it's kinda hard. When I got home I heard my drunken dad yell for me.

"Laynie is tha-at you?" He slurred from the kitchen.

"Yeah.." I yelled back and walked in the kitchen right when i got in there a glass was throw at my head.

"You're worthless and I wish you were dead" He slurred at me. He wasn't all bad, he was a nice guy when he didn't drink. He wasn't a big drinker. He drank maybe 2 or 3 times a month, but when his friends asked him to go drinking it was bad. I went up to my room and packed 2 bags of literally all my stuff. clothes, a few cd's and movie's, some pictures of my real parents, and my guitar. I slowly walked down stairs and found my step-dad passed out on the couch. I left and I didn't think twice. I walked for about 6 hours and I finally got to the next town.

"I need to find a motel or something... fuck! I have no money" I was saying to myself as I found a small old motel I sat on a bench, trying to think if I knew anyone around here or a way I could get some money for a room. After about 5 minutes of thinking I fell asleep. I woke up to the feeling of someone staring at me. I opened my eyes to see 2 men. One was tall and had long hair, he reminded me of a moose kinda, and one was a short with short hair.

"You woke her up, bitch" The short one said and hit the tall one.

"Jerk" The tall one said and looked at me.

"Uh.. may I help you?" I asked sitting up realizing I was still in my graduation dress. I never wear dressed but I felt like it was fit for the accusation.

"Why are you sleeping outside?" The short one said putting his hands in his jacket pockets.'

"I just graduated college and I didn't want to live with me mum and step-dad anymore if you really must know. why were you staring at me?" I asked a little annoyed they could of just ignored me and moved on.

"Because you're sleeping in a dress on a bench outside our motel room" The tall one said as the short one walked past me into the room.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I just don't know where to go. I'll go somewhere else, sorry to bother you two" I said getting up and grabbing my stuff and walking away.

"Hey! Girl! You can hang with us if you want.. I mean you don't have to, I thought I'd be nice and offer. May seem weird since you don't know us but offers open" The tall one yelled after me. I stopped and thought about it. I mean it's better than nothing and it looked like it was about to storm. I turned around and walked into the motel room with Moose (I'm calling him moose until I know his name).

"I'm Sam Winchester and that asshole over there is my brother Dean" Moose or Sam said while putting my bags on the floor.

"Hi I'm Laynie.. Laynie Ward. Nice to meet you Sam. Dean I don't know yet" I said while Sam laughed and Dean glared at me.

"Ward? So do you have a son?" Dean asked while sitting on one of the 2 beds.

"Kansas jokes, don't you think you're funny. Hey uhm Sam can I borrow your bathroom I want to get out of this dress." I asked moving the dress around.

"Yeah it's right over there" I thanked him and went into the bathroom. I put on a pair of ripped acid washed skinny jeans, a tank top and a Guns 'n' Roses sweater. I put the dress in my bag and went back out.

"How do you know Guns 'n' Roses?" Dean said scaring me. I fell on the floor and Dean stared laughing his ass off. I glared at him.

"One that was mean, and two I'm not a prep" I said standing by the door again. They both looked at me.

"What?" I asked thinking I had something on my face or something.

"You're different than anyone we've picked up." Sam said and Dean nodded his head.

"How many people do you pick up? And how am I different?" I asked shifting my weight to my other leg.

"Not a lot pretty much just when we hunt... uhm I mean work, and they usually get use to us and want to try to sleep woth one of us or run away calling the cops. They act like they've known us all their lives in like 10 minutes of knowing us. You've been here with us for uhm.. 20 minutes and you're awkwardly standing in the corner." I looked down thinking I was bad, I wasn't like everyone else.

"Sorry... I... uhm... just have bad trust issues." I said starting to tell them abiut how I was bullied in high school and a little in college, about how when my dad drank it wasn't good. About how my mum is never hom because of work, and abiut how my brother died when I was younger. Why I don't know maybe because they were just there and I wanted to tell someone to get it off my chest. I still didn't look up from the floor as I continued talking.

"When I was like 10 my big brother got hit by a car as we were playing outside, me and my mum think that's why my dad drinks. My mom is never home ans always at work, I see her maybe once a week. In school, I get bullied. It isn't too bad but it is bad enough to lowers someone's self esteem. It's been going on for quite a few years" I couldn't finish cause if I said anything else I knew I'd start crying even more. Great they'll think I'm weak now.

"Hey Laynie..?" Dean said as I looked at him he had his arms open slightly. I know I don't know them and they could kill me or something but a hug seemed like heaven full of puppies. I walked over to Dean and he put me on his lap pretzel legged and hugged me while I cried on his shoulder having flash back of everything that's happened to me. All the bullying, the blood from cuts, the pills, the hospital.. everything it all came back at once.

"Hey Layne what's your favorite restaurant?" Sam asked while rubbing my back.. or that was Dean.. I don't know and I don't really care, it was nice.

"Taco Bell. Soft shell taco's and Baja Blast" I said and Sam laughed at how fast I answered and left. I stopped crying after a few minutes and looked at Dean.

"Thanks Dean. Thanks literally the nicest thing someone's done for me" I said wiping some tears away with my sleeve.

"Your life must be bad if a hug is the nicest thing you've gotten. And I don't normally do this but you deserve it" He said sitting back and layed me down by him and tuned on the TV. I gave him a 'what are you talking about' look.

"Someone to cuddle with and watch TV" He said I nodded and saw Rocky Horror on the TV and grabbed the remote and turned it on and layed my head on Dean's chest. Sam came back as the Time Warp was on.

"I got Taco Bell, chocolate, and some movies..." Sam said as he started laughing seeing me dancing in the middle of the motel on the bed with Dean on the floor.

"What I love this movie! Don't judge me" I said grabbing a taco and eating in. I got done eating and fell asleep thinking this may be a fresh new start with new people that aren't as bad as their shaggy hair and scruffy beards and even their 'tough man' act makes them look.