- Well, thanks for escorting us. – I tell the older wolves.

- No problem. –

Caleb and I walk up to the main door, and I open it. I close the door behind me and take a deep breath. We leave the backpacks on the floor next to the door and walk into the bathroom to wash our hands. I can feel my heart racing in my chest. I'm drying my hands, they are cold and I trying to calm down, but I can't seem to do it. Then, a warm hand covers mine, making me turn.

- It's alright. – Caleb says softly.

- Yeah. – I let a breath out.

- We can do this. – he says lowly, so no one could hear.

- Nathan, is that you? – my mother's voice comes from the kitchen.

- Yeah, mom. We're here. – I say loudly, trying to sound as normal as possible.

- Okay. Go to the dining table, food will be ready in a minute. – she says.

- This way. – I say.

I gesture for Caleb to follow me, and we start walking toward the dinner table when quick steps start heading downstairs, and they are running. Soon enough, Cole makes his appearance. He's wearing pajamas like usual and has the biggest smile on his face.

- Caleb! – he says joyfully as he runs up to him and hugs him.

- Hey, little man. How you've been? – he chuckles happily.

- Good. Look, I can bring my claws out. – he says excitedly, sharpening his claws. They are still small and all white.

- That's great. – he says just as excited, kneeling to be at his height.

- He shifted during the last full moon five days ago. – I fill in.

- Cool. So, how was it? Did you like it? – he asks. Wow, he's good with kids. Well, it makes sense, he is the oldest brother in his family.

- Yeah. A bit scary, but it was fun, just like Nathan said. – he says gleefully.

- First shifts are important, I'm glad you enjoyed it. – he says nicely.

- He's right. First shifts are life-changing. – my father's voice fills the room.

I turn around to see him standing just outside the office room looking at us. He has a kind smile on his face. He's wearing a long white sleeve shirt and some formal pants. Aside from being an Alpha, my dad is also an amazing lawyer. The best in River Valley. He usually works on werewolf-related cases, but he also handles human conflicts occasionally. It's important to keep up appearances with humans. Being a lawyer allows him to do that and take care of the pack at the same time perfectly.

- Dad. – I hug him.

- Good to see you, son. – he says warmly before breaking the embrace.

- Alpha Nathan. – Caleb says respectfully shaking my dad's hand.

- Caleb, nice for you to come. – my dad says kindly. – Cole, go change clothes. – he tells the kid.

- But dad. – he complains childishly.

- We have a visit. At least change into a clean pair of pajamas. – he tells him calmly.

Cole reluctantly agrees and heads upstairs to his room. We walk to the dining room; the wooden table is covered with a white tablecloth and there are cutlery and napkins already distributed. The only thing missing is the plates. The table is big enough for eight people, we usually never eat here, but since it's a special occasion my father decided it was best.