END

ZAS SAVIERO'S POV
The truth that 'night'

The first time I saw Ashley, she was just a young girl. Chasing a butterfly in the garden with her cute little dress.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit, pero noong magtama ang paningin namin, para bang may kung anong pwersa ang humahatak sa akin sa kaniya. Sa batang babae na walang muwang na nakatingin sa aking mga mata.

"Who are you, mister?" Taas kilay ako nitong tinanong. Her puffy cheeks glowing red under the hot sun.

Umupo ako upang makita siya ng maayos. "Bakit ka mag-isa dito?" Hindi ko sinagot ang kaniyang tanong, bagkus ay ito lang ang sinabi ko.

Umirap siya. Ang bata bata pa pero maldita na.

Iyon ang unang pagkikita namin. Then seven years has passed, muli kaming nagkita. She's now at the age of seventeen. The girl everyone talks about - the selfish, two-faced bitch.

Honestly, she is somewhat reckless. Masyado siyang unfiltered. She's too honest on herself and to others, to the point everyone is pointing fingers on how rude she is.

The truth about humans is, no matter how good you treat them, once you showed them your flaws, they mock you.

Ang pagiging mabait ay may kabayaran. Bawal ka magalit, bawal ka mag-ipon ng sama ng loob - dahil kapag mapupuno ka, sasabog ito. Anong mangyayari kapag sasabog? Ang mga taong nakatingin sa iyo bilang isang mabait na nilalang, tatalikuran ka nila.

Hindi ko din maintindihan minsan. Bakit iyong iba, kapag masyadong mabait kung hindi ka pinupuri ay nasasabihang plastic? Ibabaliwala ang kabutihan mo kapag nagalit ka, sasabihang pinapakita na ang iyong tunay na kulay.

Why do they point it out when it's the bad side showing? How about the times when you were good to them?

Humans are pure of shit.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ibang-iba si Ashley. She's smart and she knows how to speak for herself. She's strong. She's honest on what she wants. A girl with a burning passion to claim the world under her feet.

Sobrang... Ganda.

Para akong tanga na sunod ng sunod sa kaniya kahit saan siya magpunta. Hindi ko matiis na hindi ko siya makita. Kaya naman, I tried manipulating her mother into hiring me as the head bodyguard so I could see her everyday.

Her flames engulfed my whole being as I tried getting more close with this eccentric person.

Ngunit isang araw, bigla siyang nagbago. When she had an accident to her school, she woke up... Different. The fire that I was admiring for so long is gone.

Ang kaniyang mga mata ay hindi na kagaya noon. Those golden eyes that reflects brightly under the soon no longer carries the same aura of confidence she had before.

Anong nangyari? Anong nag-iba?

But when she lets her guard down, I managed to snuck in.

A little closer. A little more.

Medyo nagulat ako. Dahil ang Ashley na aking nakilala ay hindi ganito noong una. The person standing in front of me, holding me tightly with her arms, is fragile as glass.

One wrong move and I might break her.

Nawalan ako ng interest. The boredom of my life once again came. The admiration died out. So I threw her away. Put her into a situation where I thought is better.

Humans... Aren't that precious after all.

But then she came back. With a little hooded man following her everywhere. She graduated with her classmates yet I can feel something weird going on.