Blast From The Past

TRIXIE'S POV

I woke up to feel an empty space next to me, the sound of the water running from the bathroom slowly seeping into the bedroom. 

It was only 9am, I didn't know why Hendrix was even awake. I pulled the covers back over myself and buried my face into the pillows as my mind went to back to an unwanted memory.

It had been a week since that conversation. 

I hadn't tried to contact Easton since I'd removed all traces from him from my phone. He'd done the same. It stung a little, I just didn't know why it stung. 

I wanted to know what had changed in the space of ten hours. At 12pm, he was standing in front of my house, begging me to leave Hendrix and choose him. Telling me that we had something real which I'd find with him and only him. Fast forward ten hours, we were in his hallway. He was telling me about how I'm selfish and that there was nothing between us. No, I don't want answers. I hadn't loved him before I wouldn't start anytime soon.

"Morning, babe" 

I looked up to see Hendrix walking out the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist and another over his shoulder. 

"Morning" I stretched my arms out and he took the opportunity, diving into bed next to me and pulling me on top of him. I smiled at him, he smelled fresh as he kissed my lips. 

"Your hair is wet, get off my pillow" 

"Oh, I didn't mean to wet the pillow, my bad" he smirked. I didn't have time to think before he put his head in my neck, putting water on my skin and the shirt I was wearing in bed. 

"Hendrix!" I laughed, peeling myself away from him. But he pulled me down again, earning a glare from me. 

"Be with me for a sec" he whispered. I smiled, putting my head on his, thankfully dry, chest. I could hear his heart beating peacefully as his hands travelled through my hair. I loved the way he loved. His love was a beautiful love. I was the luckiest girl in the world to experience being loved by Hendrix Rosario. 

"Are you excited to meet your parents?" 

I looked up at Hendrix, slightly confused by the mention of my parents "why would we be meeting my parents?". He smiled as I got off of him and we both sat up. 

"The Mafia Ball is next week" 

Realisation hit as I realised the biggest night of mafias was only seven days away. The Oscars was for normal people, the Mafia Ball was our equivalent. Except it was a ballroom full of the most dangerous people. Unarmed, dangerous people. Hendrix and my Dad had both been banned for a year for using weapons in defence but this year, everyone was on a clean sheet. 

"Oh God, I have to find a dress" 

Hendrix laughed softly, placing both his hands on my thighs "that's why you should meet up with Mom, I'm sure she'll be able to help, baby"

"Why can't you help?" I eyed him up, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"I won't be of any help, baby" his hands started sliding up my thighs and his lips came closer to mine "you know I've always preferred you with no clothes on, anyway" 

"Inappropriate!" I hit his chest whilst feeling my cheeks heating up. I heard him laughing behind me as I got out of bed, grabbing my phone and walking out our room. I tried Mom's phone to see if she wanted to dress shopping anytime soon but it went straight to voicemail. 

"Hmm. Weird" I shrugged it off and started looking for something to eat instead. I could always try later. 

OLIVIA POLIVIO'S POV:

"Mattia, for the thousandth time, no"

I glared at my husband as he held the puppy in only one hand "Liv! Look at him, he's begging to come home with us!" 

I shook my head and walked out the store, hearing Mattia walking behind me after a couple seconds. He'd been trying to convince me to come around to the idea of a puppy but I hadn't agreed because neither of us are home half the time. 

"And what about when we have to go to a different country for a mission? Or what if there's a home invasion?" 

"Okay, didn't think of that" he mumbled, rolling his eyes. I laughed at how childish he still was as we both got in the car. He kept talking about getting a cat instead but I was distracted by a couple that were in a car a few spaces away. I recognised the guy immediately as someone from our neighbourhood but it was the woman who made my blood run cold. Mattia's eyes followed mine but he wasn't as sharp. 

"Hey, isn't that Joe who lives like three blocks behind us?" he said, adjusting himself in his seat whilst the hairs on my skin stood upright. He leaned forward a little. "Wait, is that.."

"Bella".