Family reunion

Dolores gaped at Mirabel, she couldn't believe it, Mirabel couldn't be here. She was dead. She had to be dead.

Mirabel walked up to Dolores. "Dolores?"

Dolores launched herself at Mirabel wrapping her arms around her. Pulling her into the biggest hug she has ever given to anyone in her life.

"Please, don't let this be a dream." Dolores whispered.

"It's not, I promise you it's not." Mirabel whispered back, tears rolling down her face.

Dolores looked at Mirabel, she kissed her on the forehead. "What happened? Where were you? A-Are you okay?"

Mirabel nodded. "I'm-I'm fine, just tired, it's been so long since I've seen you. I've missed you guys so much." She hugged Dolores again.

Dolores held her close. "We did too, we thought only death we'd be able to see you again."

Mirabel choked on a sob. "Well, I would've died."

"What?!" Dolores and Mariano shouted.

"You can thank Juan, Ben, and Rosa over there. Their daughter kept me company, right Polly?"

Polly gurgled, throwing her fist in the air. Ben barked loudly.

"Yes, Ben was the one who was able to smell me making Juan find me." Mirabel said.

"Hola." Juan chuckled.

"They saved me, took me in, hope Tía and Tío won't mind that they have to share that name." Mirabel said with a chuckle.

"Thank you." Dolores mumbled. "Thank you so much, Mirabel means so much to us...where did you find her?"

"Probably should tell the entire family, instead one by one." Mirabel said.

"Yeah your right." Dolores paused. "Be prepared to be crushed."

"By hugs or kisses?"

"Both."

"I'll go get everyone! And tell them I fantastic news!" Mariano said.

"Go on then." Mirable chuckled, as Mariano ran off to find everyone.

"Let's go to Tía, she misses you the most." Dolores said.

"Please." Mirabel whispered. "I want to see Mamá."

§

Alma sighed to herself, people were working around on rebuilding Casita. Except for Julieta and Agustín.

She couldn't blame them, Julieta was taking her nieta's death the worst and Agustín was try to soothe her.

"Has anyone seen Dolores or Mariano?" Félix asked.

"I saw Dolores looking for him."

"Same here."

"Where are they?"

"In the woods?"

"Why the woods?"

"Alma! Alma Madrigal!"

Everyone turned to Mariano as he panted to Alma.

"Mariano what is it?" Alma asked with concern.

"Mirabel is here!"

Everyone looked at him like he lost his mind before breaking out into hush whispers.

"Is he okay?"

"Did he eat those mushrooms near the river?"

"Maybe he's on something..."

"No, Maraino doesn't do that stuff."

"Are you sure? Look at his eyes."