Payment

Two in a half months have past and Isabela was by a river, tears stains on her cheeks her hands holding an dusty handmade cactus. Something that Mirabel gave her on her brithday Isabela hated on how she pretended to hate the gift as it wasn't 'perfect' Mirabel did say it was the first one she made so there was bound to be mistakes.

But Isabela called it 'ugly' with a huff she went to her room leaving Mirabel in tears. Truth was she loved it she remembers putting somewhere on a shelf. She found it when she went to help with Casita it was dusty and broken from the fall but she could care less it was something that her sister gave her.

And she took it for granted, how bad she wanted to say on how much she loves Mirabel to her more than anything in the world. "Te quiero Mirabel, siento mucho no estar allí." Isabela thought, she could only stare at the stuffie.

"Isa?" Isabela turned around to see Pepa, looking worried she didn't need to see a cloud to know.

"Hola Tía." Isabela said, looking back at the river Pepa sat down next to her. Pepa saw the ruined cactus it was obviously it was made by Mirabel.

"I treated Mirabel like trash, Tía." Isabela whispered, tears down her face. "I never got to tell her how much I love her." Isabela cried, Pepa pulled Isabela in a hug tears down her face too.

"We've all done something to Mirabel Isa." Pepa soothed, her hand going trough Isabela's colorful hair Isabela cried into her Tía.

"I miss her." Isabela sobbed, Pepa nodded they all missed Mirabel but she was dead now and they couldn't do a thing about it.

§

Mirabel was watching over Polly as her parents worked, Mirabel has been well rested enough she could limp around Ben helping her walk again. Right now Mirabel was feeding Polly a bottle of Rosa's milk.

Juan and Rosa were a bit hesitant to leave Polly with Mirabel it's not that they don't trust her it's her injuries, but Mirabel convinced them saying it was the least she could do for them. Polly gurgled as Mirabel wiped her mouth.

"You were definitely hungry." Mirabel chuckled, as she limped back to the living room and sat on the floor for Polly to play. Polly grabbed a bear toy playing with it. Mirabel smiled as this reminded her of Antonio when he was an infant.

Mirabel smiled softly as Polly played with her toys.

I hope their doing okay. Mirabel thought, as she petted Ben she wanted to see her family so bad but she couldn't not yet but will.

§

*TW blood, cursing, words slut and tramp*

Juan was selling crops from his stall he counted the money. His rent will be able to be payed within two days. "How's Rosa?" Nick asked, one of Juan's friends sitting at his own stall.

"She's good, Polly's good." Juan said, putting carrots in a wooden cart and on his stall Nick chuckled.

"Nice to know..." Nick paused, Juan looked at him.

"Is something wrong?" Juan asked, Nick made an gesture with his hand.

Spill it." Juan sighed, Nick chuckled a bit.

"Is it true? Your looking after a another kid?" Nick asked, Juan eyes widened the only people who knew about that was him, Rosa, a doctor, and...Frank.

Juan growled under his breath. "Who. Told. You." Juan asked, Nick shifted a bit.

"Well from a few people, but they all said it was from-"

"Frank?" Juan said, Nick nodded.

"Be glad I didn't call her a-um...you know." Nick said, Juan took a breath of course Frank would start a rumor about poor Mirabel.