Idle

Rin had never been able to see ghosts, monsters, spirits, or any kind of supernatural being before. At least not that she knows of. That's why she was confused when she saw a handsome man standing on the corner of the street with his weird traditional get up on. 

She don't see anyone wear that type of clothing around. But then again, there might be some kind of anime convention happening somewhere and he's in cosplay. 

Finally, the man noticed her noticing him. He formed a small curious knot on his forehead. 

"Oh shit!" Rin panicked and turned her head away. She hoped he did not see her looking at him. 

The man started to walk towards her, there's a familiarity in the way he strutted and wore his mischievous smile. 

This made Rin even more nervous. Just to make sure he wasn't walking her way, Rin made a pivot of her heels and changed direction.

"Well now, I didn't think I'd recognize you so easily with your face on!" Shintaro greeted gleefully. "Nice to see you doing well."

Rin stepped back alarmed. As handsome as the man was, he gave her an uneasy feeling he wasn't human.

"To be honest, I didn't think you'd be able to see me." Shintaro beamed still smiling. 

It sure was the weirdest thing to say. 

"Erm." Rin stumbled for what to say. She wasn't sure she knows him. "What do you mean, my face on?" As far as she knew she's always had the same face. 

"Do you not recognize who I am?" Shintaro found it strange the way Rin reacted to him. He pursed his lip perusing when a thought reached him. "I see they took your memory, huh?!"

Rin lifted her eyebrows curiously. "What do you mean took my memory?"

Shintaro's eyes softened. Perhaps, it was a blessing she couldn't remember anything. After everything she'd been through he's not sure whether she would want her memories either. Then he thought about the tengu. He recalled being left behind in the cave to find his way back home. He never did follow up on him to see what happened. For all he knew, he could have been dead by now. 

"My bad, miss." Shintaro made an apologetic shift of his head. "I must've mistaken you for someone else. You see, you reminded me of this girl I knew. I came up to this place to check on her."

Rin smiled. She didn't mind the mistake. Besides, there's an uncanny feeling she couldn't quite put her finger on. The handsome man seemed too familiar like she'd known him somewhere before. "That's strange. " She confessed. "I could say the same thing about you."

"Not strange at all." Said Shintaro with a shake of his head. "It actually make perfect sense, miss."

He started to leave, there's no reason for him to linger too long. It might stir Rin's suspicion. He already had a feeling that she could sense the strange energy he carried and didn't want to scare her once she finds out he's not human.

But before he could leave, he introduced himself. "My name is Shintaro. You can call me Shin for short."

Such a fitting name for such a wholesome man she thought. Rin bowed her head. "Rin, you can call me Rin." 

But Shintaro already knew her name. 

"It was nice to meet you Rin-san. I hope to see each other again."