Electric Blue Eyes

The same shadow from the night before woke her up in the morning and later brought her back to the main level of the manor. The yokai master already lounged in the room. He sat on an ornate floor cushion, his long legs crossed on each other as though he's a prince sitting in his throne room.

The yokai's magnificent wings splayed with his elbow propped on the table, quiet as his sharp eyes beheld Rin with their usual intensity.

The demon didn't move until she neared the seat across the table and ushered a command, smooth and slick on his tongue. "Sit."

A groan of protest nearly left her lips. Another command. And it pissed her off hearing the sharpness of his tone, he must've been so used to ordering his servants around that he felt the liberty treating her the same way.

Rin ignored him and indulged her eyes to the spirit sat next to him, surveying a new face she has never seen before.

"So, this is the human who destroyed part of the village?" The man with blinding hair of liquid silver spoke; his voice smooth as velveteen matching his ethereal face. Rin had never seen a man so beautiful in her life that she was struck in awe at the sight of him. A fox yokai, his silver fox ears pointed and alert, a high spirit, she presumed.

The cruel demon gurgled a stinging laughter. "I think she's in love with you, Kurama!"

____

Note: I was going to name him either Tomoe or Kurama, I went with Kurama (YuYu Hakusyo) since I'll be tempted to make him a lead if I were to name him Tomoe.

____

"I wouldn't blame her, Jiro." Remarked Kurama in his silken voice laced with gentle arrogance. "I'm beautiful." He brought the cup filled with tea to his lips and took a generous sip.

Rin thought she saw Jiro rolled his eyes.

"Oh, don't be so peeved, I'm merely agreeing with your compliment." Kurama continued, his fox ears folded lightly. "You let me walk right into that."

"I was trying to rile the human but it seemed it backfired on me."

Kurama chuckled behind his cup, "that's what you call instant karma my friend."

"So, how's the villagers holding on?" Asked Jiro changing the subject.

The breathtaking man scowled being reminded of the destruction he was called to investigate the night before; his electric blue eyes intensified into a vengeful brighter hue and squeezed his cup so tight that it shattered inside his hand. "We should just bound her and feed her to them!"

"No!" Jiro intervened.

"Our law calls for her death."

"And I'm the one who upholds that law." Jiro finally loosened the intensity of his gaze and relaxed his shoulders. "We are not savages. Besides, I don't think she meant to do it on purpose. We should give her a benefit of a doubt."

"So, what do you intend on doing with her, then?" The godly man continued, making as gentle swirl of his finger, summoning a rush of wind gravitating to the soiled part of his robe. Soon, the wetness on his clothes evaporated leaving no mark of the brown liquid that stained his white and blue kimono.

Rin gasped at the small magic.

Jiro rustled his feathers and brought the focus of his eyes on her, he noticed the amazement that had her currently arrested and the cherry blossom kimono he'd been so adamant for her to wear. A barely visible smile played on his lips.

"Nothing. Absolutely, nothing."