Eat or die

There were tales of the spirit world and their food, elder people warned children against eating spirit food on a chance they may get enchanted and transported to the spirit realm. Rin knew eating their food risked a chance of never coming home.

The beautiful monster rose with one fluid movement, his wings rustling against the mat in the room, dragging them as he strode to the side, and with one flick of his finger, the heat of magic exploded and mass of servants appeared within the room, each one carrying a plate with dish presenting them to Rin as though they were some kind of offering.

Her mouth watered and her eyes opened wider, assortment of spice and aroma stung her nose. Her stomach growled even though she's not hungry. It must've been part of the magic intertwined with the dishes. They were meant to look and smell appetizing that no human can resist them. 

Still, Rin couldn't risk her existence on a single bite of their food no matter how mouth watering. She turned to look at the yokai, her eyes round with pleading. Perhaps, there's another way they could work out a deal other than death or keeping her trapped in the spirit world forever, but his stare was focused somewhere else that he didn't even noticed Rin's pleading gaze. 

"Eat!" The yokai said once all the servants were done and the table looked no less than a feast for a king. 

Still she hasn't given up yet looking for any reason at all for him to reconsider his offer. After sometime, the yokai grew inpatient and cocked his head to his side, knots of wrinkles collided on his handsome visage. "You would rather die?"

She shook her head. She's not being given that much of a choice. "I cannot eat your food. It's not safe for humans."

Those gorgeous obsidian eyes pinned her on her spot, confused. "I've given you a choice." He could sense every inch of defiance building from her, from the way her body tensed and the rigidness of her face. "I'm afraid, I can't just let you walk out of here like nothing had ever happened. I know that's what you want to do, and believe me, if it's up to me, I would just let you off  but it wasn't that easy." He tucked his wings beneath his shoulder blades and loosened the breath he'd been holding. "You caused damaged to my people's homes. A debt must be paid or my people would revolt."

Rin felt an invisible rope wrapped around her, magic encased her squeezing her until she cannot move. Rin didn't even see the yokai move as much as summon anymore of his magic but he seemed to have commanded it with his mind alone.

"Eat!" The yokai demanded again, command and authority weaved into his voice.

Rin refused.

"Eat!" The yokai roared. "Eat human, you must eat!"

Rin groaned and fought against the squeeze of his magic and tried to free herself but couldn't. She glared at him, her glare heavy with defiance. "Is this the price I pay for having slipped on a pile of rotting leaves? Let me go!"

"I cannot let you go, you must eat!"

"No!"

Frustration in the yokai's roar. "Would you rather me kill you?!"

"No, is there any other choice than death or being stuck in this world?" 

----
----
Writer's Note: Poor Jiro, he must be so desperate to break the curse! 🤣