Chapter Fifteen: Code Breaker (Part 2)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Go!" He helplessly ordered. "Both of you, go!" The fear in Derek's eyes told me one thing: he knew he was going to die. I looked at him, my lips quivering as I shook my head. We weren't leaving him. Hearing the sound of leaves crunching, I slowly looked up to watch Allison approach.

"How could you?" I spat, the angry features plastered on my face matching Allison's own.

"Shut up." She barked.

"Allison, I can explain." Scott defended.

"Stop lying. For once, stop lying." She replied, hastily approaching Scott.

"Don't you dare take one more step." I hissed to her. The brunette looks to me, her nostrils flared and lips curled into a snarl.

"I was going to tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Because everything that I said, everything that I did—"

"Was to protect me?" She skeptically laughed. She rolled her eyes. "I don't believe you." Allison took another step forward.

"I'm warning you Allison." My voice rose.

"Thank God, now shoot him before I have to shoot myself." Kate groaned, approaching us with a gun hanging from her hand. While Derek attempted to sit up through the pain, I shot him a look to just stay down. Allison's doe eyes widened.

"You—you said we were just gonna catch them."

"We did that. Now, we're going to kill them." Without missing a beat, Kate pulled the trigger of the gun and shot it through Derek's abdomen. Derek immediately fell back into the ground, his body limp. 

"No!" I screamed.

"All of them." A devious smirk lifted the Kate's lips as she aimed her gun towards me. Allison looked to us in fear, finally realizing her aunt may have sugar coated what their outing was really going to consist of.

"Ugh no, I know that look. That's the 'you're-gonna-have-to-do-it- yourself look." She sighed, her finger dancing on the trigger as she aimed it at Scott's head. Scott's breathing deepened as he stared down his maker before him.

"Kate, Kate! What are you doing?" Allison stammered, grabbing onto her aunts arm. Kate shoved her niece to the ground without a thought.

"No, no, no! Please, please don't." Tears brimmed my eyes as Kate's fingers hovered over the trigger.

"Kate!" A deep voice yelled. I froze, taking my eyes off my brother and watching Chris Argent walk onto the property. I looked back over to Scott, who glared at me in terror. I touted for him to move, but Scott seemed frozen in fear. "I know what you did. Put the gun down." Chris gravely stated, watching Kate's grip on the weapon become stronger.

"I did what I was told to do." She eerily replied.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house! Ones who were human!" Chris stated. The revelation taking me aback. My brows furrowed into a thick line as I watched Chris nod over to the burnt shell of the Hale home. Kate? Kate was the one responsible for the death of Derek's family? "Look what you're doing now! You're holding a gun to a sixteen year old boy. There's no prof he spilled human blood. We go by the code. Nous Chassons Ceux Qui Nous Chassent." I looked over to Derek, letting the words sink in that the Argent standing before us was responsible for his family's death. He avoided my gaze, the news not looking like news to him. He knew this whole time.

"We hunt those who hunt us." Allison whispered. With the flare of her nostrils, Kate clicked the trigger into place and leveled the gun at Scott's head. A scream lodged itself in my throat as I watched helpless.