tears and kisses-twenty

Sitting in that car made me realize that I wasn't ready to face what is coming now

Sitting in that car made me realize that I wasn't ready to face what is coming now. Face the death of my little brother.

"Artemis. I'll take you to your friend for a few hours. Later I'll pick you up for a bit of time together. But I have to go after dinner." I explained the plan of the day to her.

"De acuerdo..." She sounded small and not strong.

"It's gonna be fine mi amor. I'll get you in a few weeks alright? And then we'll never be separated again." I turned to the back of the car where she sat holding her teddy.

"Promotes?" She asked holding out her pinky for a pinky vow.

"I promise." I crossed our pinky and then turned around again.

The radio played 'Turning Tables' sung by Adele. I just listened to the song while closing my eyes hoping this was all just a dream and I'll wake up in Amity with the sun streaming in my face.

----------------------------------

"Daisy we're here." I heard a husky voice and recognized it as Eric's.

My legs were numb and I had this feeling I'll throw up but nothing happened. I got out of the car holding Artemis's small hand limping the way with the cast around my foot and soon we were greeted by Penelope and Isa.

Isa took me in her arms hugging me tight and not letting go.

"I wish I could come too but you know." Isa was one of the few people in Erudite who knew that Artemis is my daughter and also that I spend time here. She's one of the greatest friends you could ask for.

"I know. But it's alright. I'll be fine." I assured her and she let go of me.

"We'll go to the playground just come when you're finished all right?" She took the kids' hands and I nodded before I walked over to Eric.

"And Eric. It's nice to see you again." She yelled after us and I was a little confused.

"What does she mean?" I asked him and he looked at me with those blue eyes melting my heart and letting me nearly forget about everything..nearly.

"Meaning she's my bigger sister by 6 years. More precisely half-sister." I didn't expect him to be that honest with me but I was grateful.

"I didn't know that. Sorry."

"You don't have to apologize Daisy. There's nothing wrong with your question." He pulled me closer to his body but his arm never left. There it was. This tingling feeling I had in my stomach. The feeling of fire in the pit of my stomach. The feeling that made me feel alive...that made me wanna live.

"You sure you want this?" He asked- as we arrived at the graveyard-but how couldn't I, he was my brother. And even though I couldn't handle the pain I had to be at his side!

"Yes. Let's do this." I had the fear to face everybody but even then Ares was more important than my anxiety.

Eric walked without showing any emotions in his black suit and black boots.

"Daisy. Finally, you're here!" My aunt walked over to me and Eric looking like she'd cried all night and day.

"I'm sorry. We had to bring Artemis to Isa." I apologized turning my sight to the one person I hoped wouldn't be there. "What is he doing here?"

"Daisy. Please don't freak out. He still was Ares' father." My aunt tried to calm me down.

Eric beside me looked where I was looking and saw my father.

"He was never there. He was too busy drinking his ass off." I was nearly freaking out.

"We understand you Daisy but he'll keep his distance to you." She reassured me. And not that but Eric's grip held me away from freaking out.

"Let's do this," I said more to myself than the others. I left my crutches at Eric's apartment so right now someone always has to support me so that I don't look like a stranded whale. No offense against whales I love them but at land, they don't look gracefully.

- - - - - - - - - - -

We were at the church of Erudite which was gorgeous. Of course, Amity was too but Amity was too far away and that wouldn't have been that great for any of us. Eric and I sat down next to my aunt and Jeanine in the first row.

The pastor who was an old candor with grey hair started to talk. And even though I didn't want to cry. I couldn't help it. Everywhere were pictures of Ares and that just reminded me that he never even got the chance to choose his faction. Maybe he wanted to be Amity or just explore what was outside the fence is hiding.

Eric's arm rested around my shoulder making me feel like I'm not alone. I knew that I was not alone because I had my family but even though I felt safe with them Eric was something different. But it good different. And I knew that I had some kind of attraction for him the moment I saw him on that roof sassing me because I was stiff. I certainly just knew the moment he told me to show me what he could be like. For example with Artemis. She loves him and I love that she loves him because I know that I love him.

"You good?" Eric nudged my arm because I wasn't paying attention to what happened around me. Meaning everyone was walking outside while I was still sitting in my chair. Eric helped me up while we followed the others bringing Ares's coffin to the graveyard. My heart was numb and I felt like something inside me just vanished. And I would've been happy if it was something bad but it was something of my happiness. The memories with him Caleb and Artemis rested in my head. Tears were falling down my cheek like my aunts.

Eric never left my side and as we threw the flowers were his casket now was he still held my hand. Of course, everyone noticed and was a bit confused because Eric is known to be the most ruthless leader and it's true. He can be. But that's just a wall he built and today I'm finding out why because the only thing I know now is that he's Isa's most missed brother from the 4 she has. And Eric was the second oldest. I only knew that he had a rough childhood with his father his mother married Isa's father and he had to watch out for all the children even Isa and his big brother even though she was the oldest and his brother was only 6 months younger than Isa. Everyone had a hard time because Eric's mom was sick and Isa's father worked the whole day.

"He's next to my mom. The mom he should've had because she was the best." I murmured more to myself but Eric heard it and smiled at me encouraging.

We went to his car to get Artemis and go to the memorial ceremony. As I got into his car I just said what I was thinking.

"I think." I stopped for a short moment because I was scared to say it out loud. "I can trust you again." As I said that a big smile appeared on Eric's mouth and as fast as not even I could think his mouth collided with mine. That adrenaline that rushed through my veins was exactly what I had missed when Eric was near me and I had this scribbling in my stomach which people call butterflies. But why would I have butterflies in my stomach when I never ate one? They're just soo beautiful.

As we broke apart we both were smiling ear to ear and he drove to Isa's house.

"You too my sweet boy. Have much to tell me." I held my finger in the air like a teacher would when she scowled at you.

"Ohh so I'm your sweet boy now?" He teased but before I could conquer he said "Of course, I have much to tell you, my princess." He made a little bow at the end because of my title.

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~

Please vote and comment I'm thankful for every advice I can get!

Finally, I have posted again. Ahhh it took me so long to just write this I don't know why but I had total writer's block.