Explanations-eighteen

We were back in the pit where everyone said bye to their families

"So tomorrow is Ares' funeral." My aunt was standing there without any emotions. That was the first thing I learned from Jeanine and my aunt. Never show emotions if someone can turn them against you. I never was that great in that rule but right now I did it.

"I'll come," I said not caring about any rules of the Dauntless even though a leader was standing beside me.

"I don't think you're allowed to leave the compound."

"Tía. He was my brother. I'll come." My heart was aching thinking about tomorrow.

"You have to clarify that with the leaders. Max will come too so maybe he'll take you." Jeanine was a leader she could talk him into it and I know she would.

"I have a free day again tomorrow. So I'll come even if Max says I can't." Eric stood beside me and I saw a considering look.

"I'll take her with me. Max for sure has nothing against it." Eric was looking at me and then at my aunt and Jeanine.

"Can I stay with mommia then today?" Artemis interrupted us and I kneeled to Artemis wanting to explain to her she can't.

"For sure. You can stay here." Eric smiled at my daughter and it was heartwarming.

"Yay!" She squealed and hugged Eric's leg.

"I love you, Eric." She said hugging his leg tighter and not letting go.

"Come on cariño. You have to let Eric go if you want to go somewhere with us." I said giggling.

"Okay." She pouted and hugged Jeanine and Tía goodbye.
"I love you!" She waved as both of the blondes walked out.

"Then let's get you a bed to sleep in," Eric said lifting Artemis in her stroller.

"You didn't have to do this," I whispered to him while he was walking with the stroller.

"I wanted to. I'm trying to show you who I can be." He whispered the last part nearly not understandable but I heard it. And it melts my heart.

You can't trust him that easily

It was the voice in my head talking to me.

You know what could happen. Do you want that?

I just ignored it and we walked into a baby store. Everything was black and dark blue. I loved it.

Artemis was sitting still in her stroller until she saw a beautiful dress in black with dark blue flowers. The back was a bit cut out and had cordons to tie.

"Mommia. Can I try it?" She asked sitting up and wiggling in her seat.

I looked at the price and was shocked. 257 points. We only get 15 points a week.

"I'm sorry princess but we can't buy it right now." She looked sad but didn't argue. My smile dropped a bit but I put it up before anyone could notice.

We went to the small beds and I saw a black bed with small details of crowns and princess figures engraved in purple.

The price was acceptable but after it, I may not buy anything for myself anymore.

"Eric. I didn't see you all day bro!" Luke came into the shop and saw me and the stroller.

"Daisy! It's so great to see you!" He hugged me a bit awkwardly because of the crutches.

"You too Luke. Artemis this is Luke he's a friend of Eric and mine." I bowed a bit down to the stroller and saw Artemis a bit timid.

"She's so cute! Is this your sister?" He asked looking at Artemis and I didn't know what to say.

"Ehmm. Yeah. She'll stay overnight." I said a bit uncomfortable. Eric seemed to notice it and said: "I'm sorry bro but we have to go now! Let's talk later!" He gave his friend a bro hug and I paid for the bed before we made our way to Eric's apartment.

"Here we are." He said after the elevator binged and opened the door to the living room.

"Out!" Artemis squealed and before I could put the crutches away Eric helped Artemis out.

He also bought a few toys for her which I wanted to refuse but he said as a leader he demands me to 'shut up and take the toys'.

"Here. Let's play." I said to Artemis and sat down with her. She held up a puppet with brown hair and a black dress.

"She looks like you mommia." Artemis giggled and I just watched her play with adoration. She's the one thing in my life I didn't hate my father for with Ares. Those two people will always be the most important to me.

"I know. I should tell you." I said quietly while Eric sat on the couch watching me and Artemis.

"You don't have to if you don't want to Daisy. I completely understand." he clasped his hands and leaned forward to set them down on his knees.

"She's my daughter. Yes. I got her when I was 16. I was pregnant at 15." It was hard to talk about it. I didn't even tell my brother the story.

"My father and I never got along. At first, it was only abuse but then he needed money."

"Daisy I see your pain please don't do this." He tried to stop me but I had to let it out. Let someone know.

"He sold me to men. He thought it would be a lecture if men taught me what I was worth. Nothing."

"You are worth something. You are worth the world." He looked me in the eyes painful. His eyes were full of anger and pain.

"When I was 15. I noticed something was off with me it was after Four left me and my friend killed himself. So I went to Erudite. My aunt and Jeanine helped me through everything. They hid me with Amity so my father wouldn't find me. Artemis was born with eyes as green as the grass and her blonde hair. At that point, I was sure I couldn't give her away."

"But if I would've been away longer my father would kill his way to me so I went back. The last 2 years of torture."

At that point, Artemis was in my arms and hugged me tight. She knows when I'm upset.

"I visited her and Ares after school every day. Sometimes Caleb came with me."

Eric pointed for me to sit next to him.
I stood up and limped with Artemis in my arms towards the couch.

Eric pulled my legs over his lap and had his arm over my back. Artemis sat in my lap and was curling herself.

"You've gone through so much Daisy. And you're still the strongest girl I know." He whispered in my ear and with his free hand he played with my hair.
"Let's invite everyone over so we can have a little fun and they can meet Artemis." He suggested and I nodded too tired to answer. I was shocked no tear left my eye but I guess it was because I was so happy to have Artemis.

Eric tipped on his phone and said everyone to come over at 9 pm.

"So then let's unpack your bed Artemis." Eric tried to stand up but I held him down just wanting to stay in his arms a little longer.

What was your favorite part of this story so far?

Tell me your ideas about what you want in the story.

~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•~~~•

[Edited: 20 January 2023]

Please tell me if you see any grammatical or spelling errors.

Love you all!