02 || The great escape

Depuis le début

"Why?" I ask ignoring his question.

"Jake, as you like to call him, lied to me. I don't do well with liars so I'm going to ask you this one time and one time only. What were you doing with Jake?"

"Nothing." I whisper.

"You're lying." He spits, his demeanor suddenly turning darker. His green eyes turn cold and significantly harder.

"Nothing important." I say. "I just met the guy today, yesterday, 2 days ago, I don't know what day it is."

"How did you meet?" He says clearly not believing me.

"I was struggling to carry stuff so he held open the door for me." It's seriously not that deep.

"Why'd you keep going to your car then? Were you conspiring with him?" Francisco, black car guy, accuses.

"No we were carrying boxes."

"Filled with what?....Drugs?" Blaine asks.

"Cupcakes acctually."

"So you're telling us Marcus, a dangerous killer helped you carry cupcakes?" Francisco says in disbelief.

"If by Marcus you mean Jake then yes."

Blaine eyes me sceptically. "What did you hand him?"

"I don't know." Cupcakes?

"You don't know?" Francisco asks.

"No I don't."

"Don't play dumb with me, you handed him a note." Blaine says.

"A- oh. I gave him my phone number, I didn't know it was a kidnapping credential." I say sarcastically trying to radiate some confidence. It's hard when there are 2 big scary men infront of me that I know could kill me in an instant and not even bat an eye.

Blaine chuckles. He fucking chuckles as if kidnapping me is some sort of joke I'm missing the punchline to. "And he said he was going to text you the details, of what?"

"He asked me out on a date."

"I have a feeling he'll blow you off, considering he was blown up." Francisco says. That was dark and completely unfunny. How can he joke about killing someone?

They're psychos. They're acting like all of this is normal. It's just business as usual.

And so I ask a normal question. "Can I go home now?"

"Who gave you the impression that I was going to let you leave?" Blaine says.

"So what, are you going to kill me too?" I cover my uncertainty and genuine question with confidence and say it in a challenging manner.

"I don't feel like it currently. But we can't have you going home and blabing to the police now can we? You know who I am which means you're even more of a threat if you talk so I'm not going to let that happen." Well this is great. I'm living the dream.

"You know her?" His friend Francisco asks as Blaine turns to leave. He doesn't answer.

"Blaine." I say and he stops, turns his head and looks at me expectantly. "I won't tell anyone." Like fuck I won't. When I get out of here I'll scream it from the rooftops and make sure everybody knows.

"I know you won't because I won't give you the opportunity to. If you even think about trying to run, I'll have your head on a silver platter." He says walking away and leaving me gobsmacked with Francisco.

"I guess you'll be staying with us for a while-" He says as my attention goes back to him.

"I heard glass shatter." He raises his eyebrows, not getting the gist. "At castle, my bakery-"