Check Up

There she was, in bed as our female protagonist had an eye wrapped in bandages. She was in some pajamas, exhausted yet agitated as the sole reason was what happened today.

Kidnapped, perhaps be used for something awful since she was a girl. She knows the consequences of looking like a girl in public and how uncomfortable it can be for herself and being deemed in others she don't know of.

Her eye felt like it was healing at the moment, although black eyes don't heal instantly, it was safe to say that it didn't have the lingering effect from whatever object had hit her when she was in the trunk.

Not to mention, Tsugumi remembered the little struggle in the restaurant and in the car.

How could I let a pair of dumb men take me? I'm supposed to be a reliable bodyguard...

"..."

Then there was Y/n.

Her savior as he risked his life to save her.

Well, of course he's better at close quarter combat than she but he went through all the trouble to save her despite not knowing how dangerous those men can be.

"..."

She remembers the sympathetic look in his eyes.

When he saw the damage that they dealt her and carrying her away like...

"...like a princess..."

She blushes at the thought as her hand grabbed her pajamas that was near her chest, trying to thump out was her heart as she blushed lightly.

"...Y/n... Y/n~..."

Tap! Tap! Tap...

She jerked up from her bed when a series of tapping noises interrupt her thoughts. She glanced around the room, trying to figure out what was going in.

Tap! Tap! Tap...

She looked over at her window that was on the second floor.

"Hello? Noober Eat! We have your food!"

"Huh?"

Now that was fishy, unlike the food in the delivery guy's bags. If there was fish in it as Tsugumi could only see a shadowy figure just outside her window.

This was way too skeptical, she goes for her revolver on the nightstand and tiptoed towards the window.

"Hello?"

She gets a little closer.

"Anyone there?"

"..."

"Your food's going to spoiled!"

She gets to the window and places a hand on the frame.

"Please, I need the money!"

Fwoosh!

Click!

"Hooh, easy there, tiger... It's just me..." the delivery man would answer for the last time as he pushes the revolver down for Tsugumi to realize who was here.

"Y/n?"

He smiles softly.

"Yup, that's me..."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on you..."

She blushes lightly, "I-Is that it?"

"Yeah... I was worried that you might have sustained any other injury from that... thing... today..." Y/n replied as he sits on the window frame with the bags of whatever was inside it sit on his lap.

"How's your eye? I hope you're still not too hurt..." he asks as she grabs a chair near the desk inside her room and sat down with him.

"I'm doing fine... I feel like my eye is healing faster now..."

"That's good..." he chuckles as the two just stared in silence for a bit.

"..."

"...I also brought you some snacks if it makes it any better..." he digs into the bags to take out a few small jugs of some frozen desserts and hands it to her. "Just make sure you eat the ice cream soon if you don't have a fridge or something in your room..."

"Oh... Thank you..." Tsugumi blushes a little more as she grabs the ice cream and the bags of snacks from him and glanced back up at him.

"..."

His face didn't look right.

Y/n took notice of it.

"What's wrong, Gumi Bear?~" he tries to play with her as she just taps a finger on her own face.

"What happened to your face?"

"My face?"

"Yeah... There's blood... Did you get hurt?"

Y/n winces back a little as he used a finger to wipe under his eye and smears of blood on his fingertips.

Then he remembered what happened an hour or so before, brushing it off to Tsugumi.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"It's fine, Tsugumi..." he smiles softly.

Thwack! Kick!

"Just a small altercation I had earlier today..."

Sensei's going to fucking kill you, Roach!

"It was solved though so it's okay..." he reassured her once more which he saw he feel a little at ease. Tsugumi glances down at the snacks in her hands and so did Y/n with his phone, the time was nearly nine-thirty as he gets up from his seat.

"Anyways, I'm going to let you rest for tonight and heal... I need to leave before my yakuza yells at me for not following the Third Commandment..."

"Third... Commandment?"

"'Do not stay up too late.'..."

She made an "oh" face as Y/n fixed up his suit and was ready to leave through the window.

He stops and turns back to Tsugumi.

"Oi..."

"Yeah..."

Y/n smiles a little bit and waved his phone to her.

"If you need anything, I'm always available for you..."

"O-Okay..."

"Alright, I'll see you later, Gumi Bear~..." Y/n finally greeted away and hops out the window. She watches as the boy snuck out from the Bee Hive's property before running off once in the clear.

She continued to watch him before looking down at the ice cream he gave her.

Vanilla and chocolate, two complete opposites but a good combination together as she smiles when she closes the window and went to her desk to eat a little bit of both at the same time.

Fwoosh!

Thud!

She falls down when she tries to take a seat.

"..."

Then she remembered that she took the chair away to talk to Y/n. She doesn't complain as she grabs the chair from the window and sets it in front of her desk.

"Is everything okay in there?" A voice asked from the other side of her bedroom door and she shouted back.

"Yes, Mistress! You don't have to worry!"

"Okay!" Chitoge acknowledged Tsugumi as she focuses back on the ice cream in front of her and realized she doesn't have a spoon.

Tsugumi rustled into the bags once more and sure enough, she finds one. She smiles softly that Y/n remembered to bring a spoon and looked at the window where she met him.

"...Thanks, Y/n..." she said before she gets down to eating the soft ice cream in front of her.