Chapter 4: Men in Masks

Start from the beginning

"Y/n! Oh, thank Merlin!" he said, relieved, as he pulled me into his arms. "Sev, we've got to get the kids out of here." I moved closer to him. "And you cannot be seen not helping the Death Eaters, so we need to get you out of here, too."

He nodded, taking my hand as the rest of the Weasley family rushed out of their tent.

"Get back to the Portkey everybody and stick together!" Arthur called, taking out his wand. Ginny clung to my side as Arthur gave us one final look, nodding to me as a thank you, before running off to fight the Death Eaters.

"Alright, all of you, let's go!" I called, gathering the kids and making our way toward the Portkey. Screams filled the air as we left the scene, making our way back to the Portkey. I looked behind me, realizing we were missing three kids.

"Where are Ron, Hermione, and Harry?" I asked.

"Damn it, Potter," Severus hissed.

"Severus, get them out of here."

"What!? If you think I'm leaving you here, you're out of your mind!"

"Severus, if the Death Eaters catch you here, you are done for! Please, I need you to get them out of here! Please, Severus! Do this for me!"

He looked as if he wanted to argue more but decided against it. They grabbed the Portkey and spun away as I ran toward the field, hearing the screams dying out.

"Morsmordre!" I heard someone shout before a flash of green erupted in the sky and a skull appeared, followed by a snake slithering out of its mouth. I couldn't tell where the voice had come from and I couldn't see anyone. I heard Ron and Hermione calling for Harry and I quickly followed the sound of their voices.

I soon found the three of them embracing and they ran toward me, pulling me into a hug.

"Are you three alright?"

"We're fine. Is everyone else okay?"

"Yes, they're fine. I had Severus get them out so I could come back for you. I'm sorry, I thought you were right behind us... I-I never would have left if I'd known."

"No, it's alright, Aunt Y/n. The crowd pulled me in the opposite direction. I couldn't get back to you. I'm glad you got the rest of them out," Harry said as he pulled me into another hug.

Suddenly we heard someone yell and red sparks shot from wands around us. I quickly pulled the kids down as the spell nearly missed the top of my head.

"Stop! That's my son!" Arthur yelled, pushing past a group of Ministry workers.

"Ron! Harry! Hermione! Y/n! Are you alright? Y/n, did everyone else make it out?"

"Yes, we're alright. I sent Severus with the rest of them. He got them out."

"Which of you conjured it!?" Barty Crouch yelled, aiming his wand at us. I quickly pushed the kids behind me as Crouch's wand pointed directly at my face.

"Crouch! You can't possibly-," Arthur began before he was cut off.

"Do not lie! You've been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

"Crime? What crime?" Harry asked, confused.

"Barty! They're just kids!" Arthur reasoned.

"Then it must've been her!" Crouch yelled, his wand nearly inches from my eye. "Grab her!"

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands grab my arms, cuffing them as I was pulled away from the kids. I heard several screams of protest as Harry tried to lunge for me but Hermione held him back.