CH-3:Test of Skills

Yuriel woke up due to the sound of the system alarm and the roosters call, he slowly got up and rubbed his eyes as he looked around his surroundings, putting on his new clothes and waking up the bunny who is sound asleep under the covers hugging its moon.

He came down to the lobby for breakfast as he noticed most of the people were awake and eating their rations, as he ordered a sweet fruit salad, buttered toast that is crunchy and a glass of warm milk to warm his stomach.

When he finished eating he came back upstairs to 'pack up' his luggage in which he rolled it up neatly inside his small bag to use all of the available space inside of it.

He explored the town and its surrounding finding common wild herbs used for alchemy and such, when he finished his exploration it was already noon so he came in the town square to buy something to fill his stomach.

When he suddenly felt a cold gust of wind on his left and a hot arid change on his left when he turned to find about the change a huge ship made from ice came to his left while 3 humongous red birds came from his right.

Multiple people floated down from the shio and birds on their sword or just flew down "To those of you who wish to join our sect we welcome you! But to do so you must pass the test we prepared! And if you pass we welcome you to our sect of 12 Suns Yang Sect!" A 30-year old buffed man announced to the crowd as he gestured to bring out the materials that is going to be used.

At the same time a gorgeous lady came down and said in a voice that can be heard in the whole town "Like the 12 Suns Yang Sect said we the Cold Yin Sapphire Palace will also accept new disciples with a test as many of you come here to prove yourself, but let me tell you that this is no easy one as all of you shall receive the same of difficulty." The lady said bringing out a small obelisk in placing it in the center of the town.

As both of them finished in their preparations the plaza was divided into two, one with a ring covered in frost while the other one was extremely dry and arid.

As the two cultivators was standing in top of the obelisk they both made everybody form two lines, and with the obelisk they tested out there Tier, Rank and Cultivation Classification, if they are below Tier 1 rank 6   of First Mana Condensation Stage or older than 25 years old themselves they are automatically failed.

"Tier 1 Rank 8 passed!" The lady announced as most of the passed are 65% Rank 6, 30% Rank 7 and the remaining 5% are higher Rank 9 or higher.

"No even if your Tier 2 Rank 2, you are older than 25, thus making you ineligible to participate in the second stage." With word second stage the crowd who passed murmured and whisper with one another about the second test.

With the 700+ participants as others were late and on the back of the line, only 190+ were currently accepted as he was on the middle line it was long before he was tested.

"Say your name and put your hand on the obelisk and send out your mana." The examiner lady said, as Yuriel put his hand on the obelisk, it lit up reaching Tier 2 Rank 6.

"Tier 2 Rank 6 at the age of 20. A elite appeared huh?" The lady was not suprised and she immediately put him on the back where the people who passed.

Amongst the 700+ people who participated only 497 people who passed, and was given an elemental affinity stone, as long as your elemental affinity reached the 55% threshold you pass.

And half of it failed to cross the threshold while 50% who passed had an affinity of 55-70%, 30% had a 71-85, 15% is 86-95 while the remaining 5% is 96-100.

"A pure 100% Water Affinity, even though it is rare for us Cold Yin Sapphire Palace to recruit a male, it still happens." The lady said as she continues to check the elemental affinity stone of everyone