chapter 16: magi

Chapter 16: magi

"Oh! It's you sir guard! But what do you mean we're not going in a trial? Did you convince them that we're not the one causing trouble?" Aster asked.

Which then the guard only smiled pleasantly  and invited them to eat " come on, I'll treat you" he said.

" Please wait sir guard but can you first direct us to an artisans you knew? It seems that they are hard to find" aster spoked and stopped the guard.

" I knew a few like I said, but I can't guarantee that they're willing to" the guard replied and he walked away and gestures to aster and gobuso to follow.

About a minute of walking they arrived at their destination, the guard stopped at a store and turn to look at aster and gobuso "here we are!" He said.

"This is?"  Aster asked and look at the whole store entrance.

"This is the finest artisan shop in nermosa." He replied and entered the door of the shop.

When they  followed the guard and entered, they were so surprised and jump instinctly in surprise of the loud clanging sound of metals ringing into her ears.

"Eckk! My hears!" Aster mumble 'the fuck was that for?! Don't you see my ears is bleeding?! You old man!!! F*ck I can't hear no more! Wuahhh! Am I going to live my  being deaf in my entire life here?' she thought.

[ You are too over reacting host.] Aisha suddenly said in her mechanical voice.

Hearing that, aster who was being dramatic was so stunned that she was like she got electrocuted by a thousand lighting bolts.

' you meanie!!!' she yelled in her thought.

" Don't scare them!" The guard said.

After the guard yelled at them, the four dwarf with a size of a short normal human looked at the guard then in aster.

" Sigh, You fools. This is the young girl who help me acquire and gave me a healing potion." After he said that the four dwarf looked apologetic and bowed their heads saying that they are sorry and thankful too

" Thank you!" They said in sinc.

" Oh! So you are the owner of that high rank quality healing potion?" Suddenly a dwarf with a goggles appeared and took off it's goggles before he asked.

" Y-yeah." Aster replied

" Why does a young human girl like you wondering in this city without a guardian, kid?" The dwarf with goggles asked in confusion as he looked at gobuso.

The dwarf guard thought of it and was curios too.

" Well, first of all I'm a monster that wanted to build a nation." Aster said that surprises the guard.

" Eh? Where's the monster part here girl? Or are you a magi?" One of the four dwarf that apologizes asked.

"Hmm? What's a magi? I'm not a magi tho, maybe?" Aster answered and at the same time  confused if she were a magi or not.

" Well, Magi, or also known as Magic-born, is a catchall term for intelligent Monsters. They can be born naturally, be the result of monsters that have undergone sufficient evolution, or evolved from already intelligent non-magical beings that have undergone monsterization.

Most Magi have reproductive ability, but usually only within their own subspecies. In their upper social castes exist greater magi  such as Giants, Vampires, Harpies and other longer-lived species."

"Oh.... well, I'm a tree so am I magi?" She asked herself.

[ No host, You are a true god and a true spirit, not a mere magi tho, for now your body cannot hold the power for a true god and was sealed inside you, that is why you are always hungry because of the overflowing power that is leaking everytime, you're stronger than most of the race here.] Aisha said.

" Oh? Thank you Aisha that answers my confusion." Aster said and look at the dwarf.

" I'm not a magi sir dwarf" she answered.

" Well if you are a monster then so be it, you're a unique one kid." The one wearing goggles said.

"  Uhmm, sir...?" Aster said not knowing what to call the dwarf

" Gard, just me gard kid" he replied after seeing aster struggling what she would call him and laughed out loud.

" Ok, gard... That's sound weird calling an adult with their first name..." She mumbles.

" Well, sir gard I am here to look for an artisans, I am building my own nation and already a leader of the goblins and direwolves we are currently residing in a village, we need an artisans to help is build our nation are you willing to help us?" She said.

" A nation inhabited by monsters?" Gard asked in surprise.