Chapter 13

Matt entered the control panel room. He was searching for Matthew. "Matthew?" He called out. Nothing.

A swift sweeping noise was heard behind him. He whipped around to see who it was but he couldn't catch it.

"Whatever you've got planned, is not gonna work. I'm not THAT dumb..." Matthew's voice rang throught the lonely walls of Matt's head.

"Why're you doing all of this?" Matt called out. The air got colder and heavier.

"Because it's fun!"
"What's so fun in terrorising people and killing them?"
"You won't understand!"
"Of course I won't! I'm not phycotic! JUST GIVE ME MY LIFE BACK!"
"DON'T YELL AT ME! DO YOU NOT REMEMBER MY STRENGTH COMPARED TO YOUR PUNY SELF?!"
"WHY ARE YOU EVEN DOING THIS?"
"Revenge"
"ON WHO?!" Matt yelled.

There was a long silence. The only thing that could be heard was Matt's quick breaths and the echo of his yell.

"None of your buisness..."

Matt heard another swish but this time he saw a shadow moving too. It looked a lot like Matthew's shadow. He chased the shadow down a long grey corridor. He heard a near by door slam shut.

"Look, I can help you... You just have to tell me the problem!" Matt said. He tried the door but it was locked. He heard heavy footsteps so he guessed that he made Matthew angry.

And sure enough, the door opened and he saw Matthew glaring daggers into him. He gulped.

"Do you wanna know what happened the last time I heard that?" Matthew asked with a spewing rage. His eyes were glowing red. Matt was feeling numb with fear.

Matthew pulled Matt into the room. He shut and locked the door and walked to a purple couch with what looked like some sort of 3-D TV in front of it.

"The last time I heard that... Was the last day as a human." He bitterly continued.

Matt was surprised and curious. He slowly inched closer to the sofa to hear better. Matthew sighed.

"I had four friends. They looked JUST like your friends. One of them was a... He was... A..." Matthew began to think hard. He never really opened up to anybody... And it had been a long time since he was human! During this time, Matt found the courage to finally sit on the sofa. Although he sat on the other end of it.

"He was um... Ah yes! He was a gaurd! The other was a sheriff and the last was a bartender! I remember now!" Matthew continued. "I had gotten kidnapped and he was trying to find me! Once he did, we became friends... Although the bartender and I met much later... Oh we had SO much of fun!" He happily explained.

"We were riding horses and whatnot! And we used to camp out in the desert! And we used to-" he stopped. His smile was smothered off. "And we used to catch thieves... But one day, the sheriff and my gaurd went missing..." He was squeezing his fingers and looking down.

"It was just me and the bartender!" He chuckled dryly. "We were ok... For sometime... Then I started to feel something just didn't seem right with the entire story..."

"I told him that I wanted to go search... And he said I could... But when I did... I never found anything! My health got SO bad I stopped eating and got depressed... He realised later on."

Matthew's hands gripped the sofa edges. He swayed back and forth slowly. He then looked at Matt directly in the eye.

"So one day he said that he wanted to talk. He came in my room with this weird red drink... And he said, 'Look, I can help you... You just have to tell me the problem!' I didn't know how to react. I thought he really was replaced by a stranger the way he acted. I didn't do much, but I did take the drink... And I drank it."

Matthew moved closer to Matt. "And the next thing I knew, I was suffocating and dying on the floor with my 'friend' unfazed. He planned it all!" He dryly chuckled.

Then he started to sob uncontrollably. "THAT MANIAC, CONTROLLED ME, AND THE OTHERS!" He slammed his hand on the sofa.

"THAT BLOODY FOOL LEFT ME TO DIE!"

He bolted up and paced infront of the sofa. "AND LATER, I FIGURED OUT HE KILLED MY FRIENDS... MADE THEM EXPERIMENTS! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IMMORTAL BUT STRONG AND OBEY MY 'MASTER'. BUT OFCOURSE, THE EXPERIMENT FAILED!"

"THE SHERIFF WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SOME WILD BEAST. A DEAD ONE. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO ALSO 'HAVE A MASTER'. But luckily he ran away before that maniac could catch him again..."

"As for my guard... He got super hero like powers...  And he managed to escape with them. And we all never found eachother again.." he continued slowly. "I... Liked him... But now I can never see him again."

There was silence again. "I'm here to stop history from repeating itself again." Matthew replied.

"Wait... What do you mean by that?" Matt asked with a puzzeled look on his face. Matthew stopped pacing about and looked Matt in the eye.

"Someone's gonna use you." He replied seriously.
"Who?"
"I don't know... Just... Beware..."

Matt was still confused about a few things but he tried to take in the new information he just recieved. "Wait... This doesn't add up... A day or two back you wanted to, rule the world?"

"Oh yeah... The creator decided to change the story mid way." Matthew replied casually. The camera screen cracked. "Wait.. what? Are you- but how? You're not exactly the main character!" Matt blurted out.

"I know right... But I mean... I guess the plot changed cuz of some reason related to her preferences" Matthew replied in the causal way again.

"Guys... Please... I found a better ending to the story. Also, could you please not call me out like that? I don't want everyone to think my writing skills suck..." I countered.

"Holy Cow- now the camera screen AND the ceiling are broken... This is not looking good..." Matthew answered. And walked off. I, on the other hand, resumed narrating the story.

"The control room calls to me. But tonight, I shall control this body beside you." Matthew said and held out his hand to Matt. Matt didn't take his hand but he did return the kind gesture with a warm smile. They both walked to the control room.

The walls seemed to be getting a bit brighter. There was more colour in the place. The air seemed to become warmer and pleasant by the minute. Lights seemed to stop flickering and the place seemed to be generally getting more cheerful.

Matthew and Matt entered the control room. They looked around and then at the control panel.

"I just really hope your friend managed to help Lark..."

Hello there reader!
So... Mark's part was supposed to be added in here too but this already reached my average word limit(a sort of goal I made myself. I don't want to overfill chapters)
So Mark is gonna be in the next chapter!