Chp 3

It was cloudy outside. Looked like it was going to rain. Matt was inside his room staring at his reflection as usual. Edd was in the hall drinking Cola, Tord was in his room since morning and Tom washing the dishes. Matt stared at his reflection's eyes. They were blue. But he looked like he hadn't eaten or slept for days. He had dark circles under his eyes and his skin was turning pale again. Over the course of a few days, Matt realised that the solution to his abnormal sickness was sleeping and water. He didn't tell the rest when the pain arrived or when his gums would itch, mainly because he didn't want to go to the doctor or dentist. As a kid he didn't mind going, but one time something sharp periced his neck. All he remembered was waking up in the hospital seeing Tom, Tord and Edd worridly look at him and ask him questions. Since then he started to hate needles and dentists and doctors.
Matt shut his eyes firmly, and tried to remember what he could about the incident. It seemed to unknowingly surface from time to time when he sickness arrived. Matt felt a chill run down his spine. Everything around him felt cold. He took a deep breath. And tried to remember again, this time harder. He felt a presense in front of him. Or was it behind him? To his left? Maybe it was at his right? Or maybe all around him?
The room became very quite. Matt could practicaly hear his own heart beat.
THUD THUD THUD
He heard a ear-splitting noise from the door. "Matt!" A voice called. All of the noise was so much, that when the door was opened, Matt's panic made him throw a pillow at Tom.
"Oh, so scary... " Tom said sarcastically. Matt chuckled nervously and glanced sideways. " I'm here for something important..." Tom looked at Matt after saying important. He had his serious face on, except the aura he gave made it seem like it was supposed to be bad news. Matt sat straight on his bed and slowly motioned Tom to join him.
"I should have asked this a long time ago... It's a really important question. It's okay if it's no, it's ok if it's yes, I just need your honest opinion on this. You don't need to lie to save me from my feelings. Just please, tell me the truth. I can bare it. I've done it a lot of times. Can you do that for me, Matt?" Tom asked slowly and calmly. It seemed like he had been practicing it for a long time and this thing he needed to tell needed a huge amount of guts and courage because he consistently took breaks between words which talked about honest opinion.
"Do you.."
Matt sucked in his breath. Did Tom find out about his sickness. Or was it that he was the one who had thrown out all the alcohol this week. Or then something even...
"Know..." Tom said.
"Ok, FINE! YOU'RE KILLING ME! We all take turns to hide the alcohol bottles in the house every week so that you won't get drunk and get sick!" Matt quickly spat out and covered his face with a pillow because he half expected Tom to erupt with rage.
"What."
"What?"
"What..."
Matt slowly put the pillow down. He was surprised that Tom didn't attack him yet. Tom let out a loud laugh. Matt got very confused with the reaction.
"Oh, I already knew you guys did that! That's why I always keep some emergency ones hidden. So that you'd never find it. " Tom said and looked at Matt. "I'm here for something more important though..." He bent towards Matt and whispered.
"Yes, Tom. I'll give you my honest opinion on whatever you tell me." Matt said weakly because he was still trying to take in the different emotions.
"Do you know..." He began. He took a long deep breath. Matt was on the edge of the seat. 'Can he do ANY faster!?' he thought.
"Do you know where Susan is?" Tom asked in all the seriousness he could muster but he couldn't and ended up cracking up by looking at Matt's reaction. His face looked like one with a million questions but at the same time angry and amused.
"TOM, YOU IDIOT!" Matt laughed and spoke at the same time. Both of them were now idiotically giggling at the stupid situation.
After a minute of giggling, Tom spoke, "Seriously though, do you know where Susan is?"
"Last time I remember Tord saying he hid it somewhere." Matt recollected.
Tom bacame annoyed. "That hidious drawf has a big surprise waiting for him." He said and got off the bed and walked towards the door. "Did you get enough sleep last night?" He asked. "Yes, why?" Matt said. "You look like a vampire. You know, red baggy eyes, pale skin. And what not" Tom replied.
"Oh that... Yeah, I don't really know... Probably a small weird fever. Nothing to worry about." Matt responded hesitantly. He still wasn't ready to tell everyone about his 'problem' nor was he ready to face the doctors or dentists, and don't even mention, needles. Matt continued to stare at his face for the rest of the day. Occasionally getting out of his room to go to the washroom or eat or drink something.
Time passed and soon it was close to dinner time. Matt slowly got up and made his way to the kitchen. It was his turn to make food for the day so he had to make dinner. He walked to the fridge to see what he could make. There was nothing there. Just alcohol, bacon, a few eggs, some cola cans and a donut. Matt frowned. He then realised. It was also his turn to buy the groceries! And he completely forgot about it! Now there was nothing for the next week other than something for tomorrow's breakfast. That is, if Tord and Edd decided to share which was rare because it was bacon that was left. Which was again surprising because again, it was bacon we're talking about. It's always getting over.
Matt hunted down the rest of his friends and told them the news.
"So now what?" Edd asked. "I'm pretty hungry..." Everyone looked at Tord, everyone except Tom, but it was very clear that all of them wanted Tord to do something. "You have a real, actual job." Tom muttered and then fell silent. Edd spoke up, " You're hungry, I'm hungry. We're all hungry. Just order some, pizza?" He looked at Tom and Matt. Matt nodded and so did Tom. "No... No pineapples. Not at all." Tom said.
Tord sighed. He got his phone and ordered the food. After eating, everyone began to head to their own rooms. Matt's stomach began to pain again. He groaned and sat back down on the sofa for a minute. Tord noticed this and sat next to him.
"What's up." He began.
"I think I ate too muchhhhhh" Matt replied, rubbing his stomach. "Uh-huh. Yeah, you were really hungry. I thought you were on a diet?" Tord asked. "How do you remember? I thought no one cared what I was on!" Matt asked surprisingly. "I'm very observent you know... Just like how I know you've done something to your teeth." Tord replied. This time, his reply made it seem like Matt was being investigated by a cop. Matt touched his teeth. "What...?" He muttered low enough that Tord couldn't hear it and felt his teeth. His teeth Did feel a bit sharp... Matt didn't know what was going on, nor did he want Tord to know more. "Yeah, I-... Yeah." He said, and fake smiled. Tord wasn't so good with emotions so he couldn't tell the smile was fake. But he took the weirdly sharp teeth as another one of Matt's 'this-is-a-new-trending-product' phases. He nodded again and went to his room. Matt slowly went up to his room and tried to get some sleep. After what seemed like hours, he finally did.