Chp 7

Matt's eyes widened. It was... His thoughts... The voice could read his thoughts! Suddenly, Matt's vision got blurry again. Everything around him was spinning. He quickly opened his eyes to see his friends. He rubbed his eyes and blinked just to make sure it was reality he was in.

"He spoke to you? What did he say?" Tord asked. They had reached the entrance of the forest. Everyone had been looking at Matt.

"He can... Read my thoughts..." Matt replied. "He told me, that... That asking the devil for help would be of no use..."

"And you're going to believe that?! For all you know he scared of him but is just trying to hide it! The devil plan is still on!" Edd replied. Matt looked down at his hands. He felt guilty for what he had done.

"It's late already, leave me here and go steal the things for the elevator. I don't want anyone else getting hurt..." Matt slowly spoke and began to get out of the car. Everyone was silent because well, Matt was right... No one could die right now...

Matt quietly entered the forest. After a few minutes of walking, Matt could only see trees. He felt he was deep enough so he stopped and sat on a rock. The trees were almost bare with orange leaves on the ground. This isn't how he thought he'd celebrate Halloween... Not at all.

He heard someone crying in the distance.

~change of Pov~

Edd, Tom and Tord were heading back to the city.

"We'll break in at midnight, get the things and make the lift..." Edd began. "And where do we get the soul? The lift needs a dead child's soul to work!" Tom asked. "I'm pretty sure we'd find a bunch in IKEA. They're probably still tryna find ths exits... Poor souls..." Tord replied. Tom looked at him weirdly. Tord... Was just something he could never fully understand...

The boys decided to stay in their car for the rest of the day so that they could avoid the police. As midnight arrived, they drove towards IKEA. They parked the car and entered a dark alley way which lead to the back door of the building.

All were wearing black. Tord walked up to the door and picked it's lock. Tom had a flashlight and Edd had the blueprint.

They decided to stick together since IKEA was a maze no one could really find the exit to. Slowly, they found the parts to the lift. After 2½ hours of painfully searching for the things, the boys got the pieces outside in the alley.

Suddenly, they felt cold. The lights began to flicker. Shadows kept on forming all around them. A bright light appeared in front of them. As soon as it faded, a little girl was seen. She was a ghost.

"Do you know where my mommy is?" She asked. She seemed to be very scared and frightened.

"I was with her in this building but then she disappeared!" She continued but began to sob. Everyone was surprised and shocked. They looked at the little ghost girl quietly and with interest. But the more they looked, the more they felt wrong... Like something about her just... Didn't fit.

SLAM!

Tom and Edd flinched. They looked down at see the girl ghost only to see her blood red self get absorbed by the parts of the lift. "I'LL GET YOU TORD! YOU... WATCH IT!" she screamed, letting out demonic shrieks from time to time

They looked at Tord to understand what was going on. They saw him with a part of the lift. He had slammed the part onto the ghost while she was occupied.

"How do she know you!?" Tom asked. He sounded like he was angry, surprised and scared at the same time. He didn't expect Tord to know how to get the soul in the lift because the last time Matt had done it nor did he expect the soul to know him.

"Met her when we visited hell..." Tord replied. He stepped back as the lift began to make itself. The soul was powering it up. All of them look around to see if anyone was there. There was no one.

They all stepped into the lift and Edd pressed the red button with an H on it. Suddenly, the lift shook. This meant that it was working. The lift zipped down quickly. And as always, it startled everyone.

Tord almost lost his balance, Edd fell back but held himself up with the help of a conveniently placed handle and Tom lost his balance and completely fell. This earned a snicker from Edd and Tord. The little ghost girl also laughed loudly.

Everyone was shocked.

"What?" She spoke. The lift's edges glowed bright red while she did. "Can I not laugh too?"

"You're... Still there? I don't remember the other soul... Talking while we went down..." Tom asked. "Eh... Beats me." The little girl replied. "It's gonna be sometime till we finally reach hell... Entertain me!"

"Die in a hole!" Tom barked angrily. "We're not actors!"

"Already done that... 10 years ago..." The girl replied.

"Tell us about vampires... A particular one that specifically comes up to earth during Halloween." Edd spoke. There was silence. The girl was thinking.

"Hmmmm... Vampires... That's tricky... I haven't exactly seen one... But i heard that they have this once-a-year blood rampage where they kill everyone having blood in their path and suck all their blood."  The girl answered thoughtfully.

"Ok... But do you know anyone who does it specifically during Halloween?" Edd asked.

"Almost all of them do. It's when people get irresponsible and crazy." The girl calmly replied. There was silence that followed afterwards.

Ding!

That meant they reached hell. The lift doors opened and the three stepped into hell- well- the front gates of hell. There were two doors. One was extremely big and fancy with 'Demons' written above it and the other was a small one that said 'Visitors' above it.

Everyone entered through the visitors gate. They saw fire and red all around them. In the distance there was a receptionist. A demon sat on a chair behind the desk and was smiling at something.

"Hello... We're visitors... Is there any way we can see the devil?" Edd asked. The demon looked up from her phone and examined the three. And then let out a loud laugh.

"Woah ho ho! You guys wanna see, The Devil?! THE ruler of Hell?" She laughed out. "You're joking, am I right?"  "No... Not really... That's pretty much what we want..." Tom replied.

"Not gonna happen. He's not someone to have a good chat with... And I love my job..." The demon girl replied. "Anyplace we can get information on vampires?" Tord asked.

"Oohhhh~ Curious, aren't we? Wanna find out about things that don't concern you..." She hissed. "The library. But don't tell anyone I told you this. Or else..."

"We understand... Thank you." Edd replied. The three began to walk in the direction of the library when the demon says, "The red one waits... I want to talk to him..."

Tord looked at his friends and then at the demon girl and then walked towards her. The girl and Tord started whispering something. Neither Edd or Tom could lip read so they just watched both of them from afar wondering what they were talking about.

A few minutes later, Tord came back with a smug grin on his face. "What's wrong?" Tom asked. "Oh nothing much... She told me more information about the devil." Tord replied.

"Why you? Why not me, or Edd? What makes you so special that she has to stop you only?" Tom asked. "Why, you like her?" Tord simply replied. Tom glared at Tord.

They soon reached a huge black building with cracks and holes all over it. They entered the building through one of the holes. This was the place... The library...