Chapter 47

Jai's P.O.V
I stood there. Waiting nervously. I didnt even feel nervous, the excitement has just come to much that it feels like I am. I stood there with Luke and Beau, waiting for the music to start playing. I wiped my clammy palms down on my black trousers- Beau could sense I was nervous, so he placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze. I searched the crowd for my Mum, when I saw her she sent me a huge smile and stuck both thumbs up- I nodded towards her and smiled back. The music started playing and everyone stood up. Show time. I faced the door at the back of the reception and stared at it, waiting for the door handle to move. It did and opened wide. Lydia walked out of the door holding hands with Fletcher. Lydia, aged 1 and a half now, wore a tiny small white dress with a light purple bow tied around her waist, whilst Fletcher wore a Black suit, with a light purple tie. Beau and I looked at each other and smiled. When Lydia saw me at the other end of the room, she released her grip from Fletchers hand and ran towards me, "Daddy." she giggled. She reached me and I picked her up. She instantly wrapped her legs around me and laced her arms around my neck, leaning her head on my shoulder. Everyone stared at us in awe. The I saw Steph walk rund the corner. I placed Lydia down and whispered to her, "Go sit next to Fletcher, baby." She saw Fletcher, who was sat in the front row, and went to sit next to him. I looked up and Steph was walking towards me slowly, dressed all in white. Her dress hugged her top half perfectly and then netting flared out- not too big though. She wore the top part of her hair up and the rest curled. Her make up was done, not too boldly though. She looked beautiful, absolutely beautiful. She reached me and I turned facing the other way. I smiled down at her, whilst she returned the smile in an assuring way.
"Please sit," the priest says, everyone doing as they were told, "We gather here today, to celebrate the marriage of Jai Brooks and Stephanie Fox." he went on.
This is it. Everyone dreams of their wedding day... growing up thinking "I find it so weird how the person I'm going to be marrying is alive right now." or "one day, I'm going to have a huge white wedding." Well after my years of growing up and thinking who I'm going to be marrying... It's finally here, and I seriously couldnt be any happier. I have a gorgeous fiance, who I love very much, and she has given me a beautiful daughter.
"Jai, I believe you have written your own vows?" The priest says to me, I nod my head and face Steph. I clear my throat.
"Today's the day I marry my best friend. Not only because I love her with all my heart, but because she takes me on adventures that I never want to see end. Steph, you have opened up my eyes and made me realise how beautiful the world is... And you see, I don't want to explore the beauty the world holds, if you're not there to explore with me. You make my world the beautiful place, you make it home. Those are only afew reason I want to cherish you, hold you and love you for the rest of my life, Steph... My love... My bestfriend." I struggled to say over the lump forming in my throat. Tears had started falling down Steph's cheeks, using the back of her hand to wipe away the tears. I love her... I really do love her. Steph cleared her throat, also.
"Jai... My sweet, honest and beautiful Jai. Todays the day my life begins. All my life I've been just me- a smart mouth kid. Today I become a Wife. Today I become accountable to you and to our future. Today, I kiss goodbye to the days of being I... Today, I say hello to the tomorrows of being You and I. Today Jai Brooks, our life together begins... and I, for one, cant wait." Her angelic voice says through the tears that fell from her eyes, slowly trailing down her crimsoned cheeks. I couldn't help but release afew tears either. Beau and Luke bought the rings out. Beau handing Steph's to her and Luke handed mine to me. We repeated after the priest and slid the rings onto eachothers fingers, holding hands and not letting go. I felt her squeeze onto my hand lightly, and genuinely looking really excited.
"Jai Brooks, you may now kiss your bride. I pronounce you husband and wife." I slipped my hand onto her lower back and pulled her closer- I used my other hand to support the back of her neck as we lightly pressed our lips together. We made it.
"Ew!" We heard Lydia giggled, causing Steph and I to laugh into our kiss. There was a bright flash as Luke snapped that perfect image.

"I love you." Steph slurred her words slightly. I licked my lips, blinked and smiled at her.
"I love you more." I slurred back, kissing her. Maybe drinking wasn't such a great idea at our wedding.
"Can we have Mr and Mrs Brooks onto the dance floor please? Things are getting slooowww." The DJ said into the microphone. Steph lead me to the dance floor, turned around and smirked. She knew I had no idea how to dance, this is when I was relieved I drank all those beers. She gripped onto my wrists, placing my hands onto her hips and she laced her hands around my neck. She leant forward and whispered, "Just go slow, baby."
Our chose song came on, "Unchained Melody", and Steph started swaying, enough to start me swaying. I stared into Steph's beautiful eyes.
"So, Stephanie Brooks, how are you this fine evening?" I said, taking advantage of using her new last name.
"Couldn't be better." She smiled, causing me to stare at her. I took in my Wife's beautiful face and leant in, kissing her passionately and with so much meaning.