Twenty-Two

Luke's Point of View

"Thank you for busting me up asshole," Trevor sneered as I walked up to him in the abandoned parking lot of a closed-down gas station. "The bashed-in-face look really suits me, doesn't it?"

"I can say the exact same thing to you Trev."

"You know you did me much worse than I did you..." He laughed, tapping his fingers against the hood of his car as I continued to walk closer to him. Calum sat nearby, on watch from within the safety of his own car since I still wasn't good enough to drive.

"Maybe it was deserved."

While now wasn't the time for me to be making snarky comments to him I couldn't help myself. The guy who stood in front of me who was once one of my closest friends had turned into a stranger. The perfect mixture of evil and delusion that was staring me back in the eyes was enough to make all of the hair on my body stand upright.

I couldn't lie, he looked horrible. It was almost as if he had just gotten out of the special effects makeup chair on the set of an up and coming slasher film.

Busted up could've been considered an understatement, yet I felt no remorse.

"Why did you want to meet up?"

"I meant what I said the other night..." I told him plainly, not wanting to beat around the bush about what this meet-up was for. The quicker this could be done and over with the better.

"You meant what you said about what?" He snapped, staring at me in confusion although I knew that he was well aware of what I was referring to.

"The drugs, Trevor."

It was plain and simple. I was done dealing.

I needed to do this for myself, for my remaining friends, Marcus, and for Anna.

This was it.

I took the duffel bag that was swung over my shoulder off, threw it on the ground, and pushed it toward him forcefully with my foot.

"That's everything."

Above us, the sky looked like it was ready to give way as large, dark grey clouds blocked out a majority of the sunlight.

He sighed, reaching down to pick up the bag before slamming it down onto the hood of his car to look inside it.

"Who was this for?"

"Umm," I thought about it for a moment. "Jonathan, Kenny, Tyler, and Eric."

He nodded, but I couldn't help but notice the smug smirk on his face as he continued to rummage through the bag to look at all that remained inside of it.

"Are we done here?" I asked, impatient and ready to get the hell out of his sight before anything had the opportunity to escalate.

From behind me, I could feel Calum's gaze burning through me.

Trevor chuckled, zipping the bag back up before throwing it over his own shoulder. "Oh, Luke..." He trailed off, repeatedly shaking his head disapprovingly at the situation. At his actions, I clenched my fists at my sides. "You'll never be able to fully leave this life behind."