4 • Definitely not alright

Start from the beginning

You should go and make sure he is okay.

You get up from bed, attempt to focus your eyes in the mirror since they never focus like everyone else's do, and then you proceed on your mission. You go outside of your room and you look around the normal hallway for a minute before entering Paper's room- Nevermind. The door is locked.

You don't want to eavesdrop, but you need to know if Paper is okay... So you lean onto the door and you press the side of your head to the side of it to hear better. You can hear Paper's voice... but more... scratchy...?

"It's not your fault, Paper, really... It's OJ's," You hear the voice say, "He never really saved us, and he made it worse again. He ignored and slapped Taco, didn't he? She's a bad person, still... but.. He never let her in, and she's probably gone mad due to the isolation. He did not get Test Tube the help she needed before it was to late, did he? Test Tube is departing from all her friends, forgetting things, and don't question how I know all this. She's been doing this sh## since OJ never got her help, being the only weirdo with money. He is not getting help for any of us, and he is running out of the million from season one already, having been 'generous' enough to buy an expansion to the hotel..."

It continues, "And of course, a few days after Test Tube left, he takes a shady job to pay for it but then he disappears for a week... only to reappear at the end of that week with another job besides hotel manager and a new optimistic attitude! He seems f###ing high! Hey, he seems crazy, Paper! He's been ignoring us and giving us nightmares... wouldn't you want to get back at him?" The voice goes quiet now, but another pipes up.

This next one sounds more like Paper, "Yeah." Maybe perhaps Paper is in the room with a friend you don't know about.

You decide to move away from the door, having deemed that perhaps Paper was okay...

But this just doesn't match up.

It sounded like Paper ran and then fell, perhaps that's what the thud was, but here is talking to someone? You do not understand that, but you decide to not worry much. You're trying to break that habit of yours where you 'worry too much' as Trophy put it.

You go to your room, well, you try to... but someone stops you. You don't have many friends, let alone any, so you are curious as to who says, "Bomb, come here."

You turn to find, coincidentally, Trophy. Yep, the one at Cheesy's comedy routine last night who got you to drink more alcohol than you ever had, or should have had, in your entire life. "T-T-Trophy..?" You ask.

Trophy mumbles something about taking the baton. A season one refrence that you sure didn't find amusing. You were cowardly and scared and worried then, so of course your stuttering was at a peak back then. All you can do now is hide under your bed every night, hoping and hoping for your 'little problem,' as Cheesy put it, with your speech to go away.

Trophy then says, "Test Tube came an left for a f###ing experiment, taking Knife and Balloon... she WAS gonna bring Paper but that dude ran as fast as I could get you drunk... To the point, OJ is acting even weirder and Paper is apparently hurt, so..." Trophy trails off, unusual for him.

You sigh, "Y- you want me t-t-t-t.." You take a deep breath in and out to calm yourself, "You w- want me t-t-to help you with O-O-OJ?" You ask.

Trophy responds, "Ugh, f###, I guess..." Trophy glances down the hall before saying, "Let you know, I'm not your friend. I just happen to have totally not eavesdropped on the whole scenario that went down. Think of me more as a business associate or detective. I need you to tell me everything you know about OJ- since Paper can't- so we can get to the f###ing bottom of this... come on," Trophy reluctantly holds out his hand to guide you.

He continues, "Bomb, I hate you. Let's find out what's up with OJ while we have a drink. Come on, heh, bet ya can't drink more than you did last night, you wimp. I wanna see you get drunk again, that was fun," He smirks.

You begin to feel the same as you did last night, angry and competitive. Trophy did not just call you a wimp! You're going to prove that wrong!

And so, the two of you walk to get some drinks while discussing what was up with OJ...

...Unknowingly, this was going to make you an eye witness- and possibly accomplice- to a crime about to occur in the hotel...

.

.

.

. ...- . .-. -.-- - .... .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- / ... .- -.-- / -- .- -.- . ... / .- -. / .. -- .--. .- -.-. - .-.-.- / -.-. .... --- --- ... . / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .-- --- .-. -.. ... / .-- .. ... . .-.. -.-- --..-- / --- .--- .-.-.- / --- .-. / . .-.. ... . / - .... . -.-- .----. .-.. .-.. / ..-. .. --. ..- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / --- ..- - .-.-.- / -.- . . .--. / -... . .. -. --. / .--. .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. - .. ...- . ..--. / .- -. -.. / -.- . . .--. / - .... . / -.-. .... .- -. --. . / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / ..-. .- ... - ..--. / - .... . -.-- .----. .-.. .-.. / -. . ...- . .-. / ... ..- ... .--. . -.-. - / ..- ... .-.-.-

.

.

.

1376 words
24 February 2023