Chapter Eight

For someone like Nishimura Riki, I'd hate to admit that his car is nice. It's surprisingly clean and smells, well, what would you expect from a guy who owns a car.

He's currently filling up the tank in the first gas station we passed by, so I'm left waiting in the front seat.

The whole ten minute drive here was spent with me turning the music up and staring out the window without talking to him. He didn't mind though, as long as I guess I'm with him right now.

He gets back in the car a few minutes later and says, "Alright, let's go"

As soon as he turns the car on, I crank the music up which just happens to be connected on my phone and there we have Taylor Swift playing.

Ni-ki quickly turn it down.

"Hey, you're gonna broke my speakers in that way. I'd just got this car and my mom will kill me if I happen to damage it so soon"

I sigh and prop my feet up on the dashboard. In a matter of seconds, he's reaching across to push my feet down before dusting any kind of dirty off of it.

"Dude, did you not hear me? This is a new car", He says, giving me a side glance.

I groan loudly but I do understand since my brothers were defensive over their own cars, "Can I at least hear a music?"

Ni-ki nods but gestures at a half-volume in the speaker.

As I'm scrolling through my Spotify playlist, I accidentally hit the one Jay shared with me. Yes, even his taste of music was being connected to mine, and that was on me being lenient.

Then the speakers starts playing Collide by Justine Skye. Oh kill me now. The lyrics are not it.

I quickly put it on shuffle and the next song happens to be next door by Amelia Moore and ASTN.

Ni-ki turns and stares at me, a huge, stupid grin on his face as I slowly understood the implication of playing the song in front of him.

"Isn't that a song where a girl and boy fell inlove to each other who lives next door to one another?"

"This isn't my playlist! It was - It was Jay's, not mine", I stammer, my face going hot especially at the part where ASTN sung where he is inlove at the girl next door.

"Your reaction is saying otherwise"

Great, now he would think I would feel the same about him. In order to feel sane around him, I switched the song once again.

"Princess, why didn't you tell me you like the boy next door?", He teases, laughing hard at my blush.

"I don't! Jay shared his playlist with me and one of those songs is probably his favorite", I lie, reaching over to punch him in the arm, hard.

He nods, an amused smirk playing on his lips, "Okay, sure whatever, Jiyoo"

I roll my eyes before looking out the window again, like I always do if I wanted to avoid a certain topic.

"I think it's cute that you can blush if you were embarassed"

"I don't give a shit what you think is cute, Ni-ki", I hiss, not even bothering to look at him.

"You're really adorable when you're in denial", He comments.

"Nevermind"

"You'll mind me soon, I promise"

I chose to scroll through my Insta instead of listening to him, ignoring it every time Ni-ki opens his mouth to start a conversation.

"I gave you a ride, Princess. The least you can do to be appreciate is to give me a little bit of your precious attention", He says, leaning over to poke my attention.