pt. 18

~ SADIES POV ~

my heart was racing, and i was regretting what i had just said. millie stood there quietly, looking as pale as a ghost. "i- what..?" she asked with in a stunned voice. "you made me fucking fall in love with you millie. that's what." i calmly told her even though i was not calm. tears were pouring down my face, and a single tear fell from millie's left eye. without saying anything else, millie grabbed my hand and brought me inside her apartment, this time without me resisting. she shut and locked the door, and then led me over to her couch and made me sit down. she sat down beside me, and took a deep breath. "how long?" millie asked in a cold tone. "how long what?" i asked her. "how long, have you felt like this?" millie asked me. i sighed and stayed silent, debating wether to tell her the truth or not.

"6 years." i told her. her eyes widened. "ever since we met?" she asked me. "i've been having to look away from you, because i can feel myself blushing when you touch me for 6 years. i have been hiding from the truth, for 6 years. i have been telling myself i'm disgusting for having these thoughts about my bestfriend, for 6 years. i have been hating myself, for 6 years. enough is enough millie." i told her as a tear rolled down my cheek. millie shut her eyes and a tear rolled down her cheek, as she spoke. "sadie.. i.. i think i like you too.." she admitted to me. my eyes widened as i looked at her, certain she was just playing with my feelings. "no, don't lie to me millie." i calmly told her even though anger was fuming inside of me.

"i'm not lying sadie, why else would i kiss you earlier when it was not in the script!? I LIKE YOU." millie told me. i stood up from her couch, and paced back and fourth. "DONT BULLSHIT ME MILLIE. you have played with my feelings long enough, i'm not letting you any longer." i told her in an angry tone. millie stood up and walked towards me, and looked me in the eyes. "i love you sadie, and i don't care if you belive me or not. i just need you to know the truth." she told me. i stared into her teary eyes, with my equally red and teary eyes, as she leaned in.

millie pressed her lips up against mine, and kissed me. butterflies filled my stomach as i kissed her back. i felt millie place her hands on my shoulders, as i placed my hands on her waist. we continued to kiss for a bit, untill she pulled away and looked up at me with teary eyes. "do you belive me know sadie?" she asked me as her voice broke a little. i stared at her with shocked eyes still not knowing how to process this new information. the girl i had been in love with for 6 years just confessed her love for me, how the hell is that possible!?

"do you belive me?" millie asked again. i looked down at the ground, and slightly nodded. "why?" i asked her as my voice broke. "why? why i like you? there's a million different reasons for that, your kind, funny, talented, and unbelievably gorgeous." millie told me. i kept my eyes on the ground as i stumbled over my words not knowing what to say or do next. "so now what?" i asked her. "well.. normally when people like eachother they date.." millie awkwardly told me. i nodded gently as i finally brought my eyes back to hers, finally making eye contact. millie slightly smiled as she spoke.

"so are you going to ask me to be your girlfriend or should i ask you?" she asked me. before i could speak she cut off. "do you know what? never mind i'll just ask you." she said as she slightly stumbled over her words. she took a deep breath and then spoke. "sadie, will you make me the happiest person alive and be my girlfriend?" she asked me. a smile spread across my face and i nodded. "yes- yes!" i answered her in an excited tone. a giant grin spread across her face and she almost ran into my arms, hugging me as tight as she could.