Dustins Reaction to Your Death

I find myself in Dustin's arms, crying. The emotions I'm feeling right now are all around. All I want to do is take things back. I made the wrong decisions, and now I am left with the effects. Stupid is what I am, and a coward.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. Tears are streaming down Dustin's face. Everything feels numb at this point. The pain has subsided.

"No, no it's not your fault. No," says Dustin. The look on his face, I recognize it. It's the same look that he had when Eddie died. I was there. I watched, as he cried. I watched as he tried to lift Eddie up, I helped. But to no avail. And it's looking like my outcome will be the same.

"You're gonna be alright. We're gonna get you help," Dustin says.

"Dustin, I'm scared. I-I don't know what to do. Vecna, that monster. I was being so dumb and I, I wasn't thinking," I say, crying out.

"No, it's not your fault. I promise!" says Dustin. I cry, not because of the thought of dying, but because I don't want to leave Dustin. I don't want him to be sad, or cry. I don't want to see him in pain.

"I'm so sorry, Dustin. I failed you, I failed everyone. I don't think there's anything you can do," I say.

"No, no no no no. You have stay with me! You're gonna be fine! Please!" Dustin exclaims. I smile, knowing that there is nothing for me to do.

"I love you Dustin. So dearly, you do not know what you've done for me these past years. You've been there for me more than anyone else. Thank you," I say, as I let tears slip out. But I don't dare let my smile fade.

"No! No! Please! I love you so much!" Dustin says. I nod.

"I know Dustin. I know. I love you too. But unfortunately, my time is up," I say. Dustin's sobs start to fade, and my eyes get heavy. Eventually I close them. Then all of the emotions just...flood away, and I'm finally...at peace. For once, I'm...okay.
-

A/N: sorry, this was short, and sad.