Crush||Robin Buckley

April 18, 1986

Robin Buckley has a crush.

On one of her best friends.

Y/N.

No matter how much Robin tried to just suppress her feelings, they wouldn't go away. Meaning Robin's in a dilemma. She doesn't want her best friend to become weirded out, and break off their friendship. Though, she also knows that she can't simply just not have feelings for Y/N.

"Are you thinking about Y/N again?" a voice asks, snapping Robin out of her trance. Robin jumps in her seat, but then eases back down when she realizes it's only Steve, her best friend, and wingman.

"Y--Yeah," Robin admits.

"I say you just tell her how you feel," says Steve.

"I know Steve, you've said that to me about a hundred times."

"So then why do you never take my amazing advice?" asks Steve.

Robin rolls her eyes, and says, "Because, if I 'just tell her how I feel,' she might get weirded out because, well, I'm a girl and she's a girl and--" Robin gets cut off by Steve,

"Look, maybe she does feel the same. But you'll never know because you're too afraid to ask."

Robin sighs and looks down at her feet. Steve looks at his watch.

"Well, I gotta bounce. My shift ended and I have somewhere to be. See ya, Robin," says Steve, as he walks out of Family Video.

"See ya," Robin replies.

-

One knock, two knock, three knock.

The door opens to a bright and cheery Y/N. Robin smiles and blushes, as she pulls Y/N into a warm embrace.

"I'm so happy you can stay the night," says Y/N.

"Yeah, me too," Robin replies, as she walks inside Y/N's house and closes the door.

"Sooo, whatcha wanna do first?" asks Y/N.

"Anything," Robin says back. Y/N grabs onto Robin's hand and drags her to her bedroom, the action making Robin blush. Once they reach Y/N's bedroom Y/N locks her door, and plops down on her bed. She pats the spot next to her, gesturing to Robin to come sit next to her.

"So, I have a date on Sunday," Y/N says, a bit nonchalantly. Robin's heart sinks.

"Y--You do?" asks Robin, with a sad expression.

"Yeah, and I thought you'd be happier for me," answers Y/N. Robin shakes her head and forces a smile.

"N--No! I'm happy for you!" Robin says. Y/N doesn't buy it.

"Then why don't you look or seem like it?" asks Y/N.

"I don't know..." answers Robin as she looks away.

Y/N grabs Robin's hand in hers, and asks, "You know you can tell me anything...right? Why are you seeming sad?" Robin turns around and looks Y/N in the eyes.

"B--Because I love you, okay! I do, and it's awful watching you talk about some stupid guy and those stupid dates. And it was heart-breaking the way you wouldn't shut up about those guys, because it finally occurred to me that you would never feel the same!" Robin shouts, as tears stream down her face. Y/N's face saddens and she decides to make the impulsive decision to kiss Robin. Robin is surprised at first but soon melts into the kiss.

It's surreal for the both of them.

Finally Y/N pulls away.

"I love you too. I don't love all those stupid guys. They were all distractions from...you," says Y/N.

And in that moment Robin realized, she loves someone.

And that someone loves her back.