Thirteen. hide behind that baby face

Start from the beginning

JJ carefully grabbed her chin and turned her face side to side, examining the damage. His eyes darkened. "What happened?"

When she didn't respond, he dropped his hand from her face and looked at Pope. "What happened?" He repeated in anger.

"Rafe and Topper jumped us," Pope answered. "They said no Pogues on their side of the island."

Dylan clenched her jaw to prevent crying and she looked to the side, feeling her lip start to quiver. JJ reached forward and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry, DJ."

Dylan cried into his shoulder. "I-I don't know—w-what am I going to tell my. . . My dad will kill them."

"Let him. Let him kill those motherfuckers."

"JJ." Pope said and looked at him. He shook his head.

JJ took that as a sign and didn't say anything. He still continued to rub her back to calm her down. "What are you gonna do?"

Pope didn't say anything but their was revenge in his eyes.

The three of them gazed at the Thornton family's boat. "2020 Malibu, 24-MXC. The world's finest wakesetter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance." Pope recited.

"This is war. They hit us, we hit them," JJ declared.

Dylan shook her head. "Are we sure this is a good idea?" She asked with hesitation.

"They hurt you, DJ. We're not going to let that slide," Pope said with hatred, not to her but to the ones that hurt her.

JJ pulled a bandana over his head to cover his face. Pope took off his shirt and threw off his hat. They watched as he dived off the boat and swam towards Topper's boat.

Dylan moved closer to JJ and wrapped her arms around herself. "JJ, I don't know about this." She said with a nervous stomach.

JJ wrapped his arm around her. "Don't worry, DJ. If this goes South, Pope and I'll take the blame."

That didn't make her feel better. After pulling the plug from the boat, Pope began to swim back. He pulled himself up on the steps and held up the plug.

"Wow,  you did it," JJ praised. He took off his sunglasses. "I'm so proud of you right now. Holy crap."

"Come on,  you little criminal," Dylan laughed and Pope climbed up the steps and onto the boat.

"JJ, Dylan, we can't tell anybody," he said through his heavy breathing. Water dripped from his hair and skin.

The two of them nodded. "Oh, no, yeah. Totally dude."

"We know, Pope."

But Pole still shook his head. "No, I'm serious. Not Kie. Not John B. Nobody." He started fiercely.

"Yup, lips are sealed. Give me that. Give me that," JJ urged and took the plug from him. He threw his arm back and threw it far away into the water. "Okay! Let's get out of here."

Dylan watched as Topper's boat slowly started to sink into the water. There was a heaviness that sat on her heart and she began to wonder if this was the right decision. She wrapped her arms around herself again.

Pope walked up behind her. "Dyl."

"What am I going to tell my parents, Pope?" She voiced painfully. "What am I going to tell John and Kiara? I can't hide it. My dad will kill them. I know he will." Her voice shook.

"Hey, hey," he said softly and hugged her from behind. "Do you want me to be there when you tell them?"

She looked at him over her shoulder. "You would do that for me?"