‘I know sweetie, I know he initiated it. But Luke doesn’t know that, and if you want any kind of future with him I guess you need to let him know that.’ She spoke in hushed tones, Sophia wasn’t far away.

‘You’re right. You always are. I’m gonna talk to him now, is that okay?’

Ellie nodded, and she scurried back into the waiting area where he sat twiddling his thumbs.

‘Luke whatever you saw, it wasn’t anything.’ She started.

‘What does it matter Emily?’

‘It matters to me’ she said, firmly, and met his gaze. ‘Saul and I, we dated, but its over. He kissed me, but I didn’t initiate it. What we have might be nothing, but I was your date. I would never do that.’

He shrugged again, and having retrieved his phone, he busied himself yet again.

‘What do you want me to do? How do we get over this little hump?’

He looked up at her, eyes suddenly interested and glinting with hidden pleasure.

‘Today is my birthday’ he grinned, mischievously. ‘Well my birthday isn’t till December, but you’re gonna pretend like it is.’

‘Okay’ she said, suddenly unsure as to what she was in for.

‘You’re gonna take me out for dinner tonight. I don’t care where, but it’s just gonna be you, and me.’

‘Okay.’

I can do that. So far, no problem.

‘My favourite colour is blue. So wear something pretty. Something blue.’

Okay now he was taking liberties. Like a crazed, power hungry computer geek.

‘Anything else?’

‘No. I might think of something tonight, but until then, I guess you’re off the hook.’