⊱---𝟒𝟏---⊰

Start from the beginning

As it lunged at him, within the split second it opened its mouth, Rex Lapis sliced at the sides of its mouth and severed its cheeks apart, making its jaw hang loosely. He turned his body to the side, making it fall to the floor before he thrusted his spear into its head. As it screamed and writhed in pain, he twisted the spear in further before it froze and stopped moving.

With one final cry in pain, its body began to fizz out of existence, flesh turning into glitter and dispersing into the air. He didn't utter any condolence or whisper any prayer, showing no mercy for the creature that would bring harm to those he cared for.

With that demon's death, the whole world seemed to shift. [ Name ] coughed, the blood that was in her mouth spewing out as she regained consciousness.

The air around her suddenly became easier to breathe. The pressure that was constantly on her shoulders vanished, strength pumping back into her in waves.

As she opened her eyes, she took in a deep breath, a familiar scent overwhelming her. She was not used to feeling this strong since the day she was taken from Teyvat. With his weapon away and the shields around them falling, Rex Lapis walked over towards [ Name ], who began to sit up slowly.

"Adeptus Astrus... no. [ Name ]," he greeted with a nod of his head before crouching down to her level to check on her wellbeing.

[ Name ] felt so light and strong all of a sudden— it was almost unreal. Having her memories on what happened moments prior, she could only come up with one conclusion on why she felt like this.

"Rex Lapis...? Am I...?"

He quickly shook his head, denying what was on her mind.

"You're alive, don't worry."

There was a moment of silence before a breathy chuckle fell from her lips, soon exploding into light laughter.

"Hahahah--!"

As she laughed, she could feel the tears fall down her face. She was alive, she really lived, and she couldn't help but to cry over it. She blamed Takemichi for getting her so used to showing those vulnerable emotions without a care.

"[ NAME ]!"

Rex Lapis sweat dropped as he looked up to see the boy's face pressed against the bar as tears and snot dripped down his face. He looked back over at [ Name ], choosing to ignore him.

"I can sense it now, this world, it's at peace," she said as she looked down at her leg that had been pierced by the demon's teeth already beginning to mend itself back together.

Rex Lapis nodded his head in agreement. "My energy is no longer being sapped away; the evil energy has dispersed into nothingness after that demon's demise."

"Finally, they're all dead," she said, a sigh of relief falling past her lips as she gently closed her eyes and savored the feeling of being strong once again.

'Just how long has she been here slaying demons?' He thought. If time flowed here as it did in Teyvat, that would mean she's been fighting in such a weakened state for half a year.

The thought made his eyes widen in the slightest. The amount of energy he felt already being depleted from him even though he's been here for less than ten minutes was vast, enough to pay for an ultimate move. She's always been the strongest out of all the Yaksha, both mentally and physically, but this was just far exceeding his expectations.

Looking down in shame, she felt she had no right to make eye contact with the man standing above her.

"I'm so pitiful... I couldn't see my duty through," she admitted.